Chapter 10

CONFERENCE ROOM

"To what do we own this pleasure, my dear." Imogen Herondale, the old beta and Jace's grandmother asked. "You haven't called all of us here like this in a long time. Is something wrong?"

"It would seem our children have found their mate, Imogen." Maryse said with a smile, which quickly turned to a frown. "But it has come to my attention that the omega could be in danger."

"Danger?" Luke piped in with a small chuckle. "What kind of danger could a teen really get into?"

"I wish it were something to laugh about, Lucian." She sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "You remember Nick Collins, right?"

"Of course. He and Maya. Didn't they have a daughter?" Evelyn asked.

Jocelyn looked at her friend with a sad smile. "Your sons' mate... it's her isn't it?"

Maryse nodded. "She is. And I just found out some... horrible information about what Maya has become. That high and mighty beta attitude started after Nick had passed, but I fear it was worse than we had thought. Isabelle came to me and told me what she has gone through in the years her fathers been gone. I don't know fully what she, or her new husband, has done, but," she looked around the table, a fire burning in her eyes, "Raelyn will not be taken from my children." She growled. "We need to make damn sure of that."

"Is the little omega alright?" Evelyn asked, tears in her eyes.

Maryse, noticing her friend's tears, wiped them away gently. "She is in safe hands now. She has come back home."

As Evelyn began to cry, Jocelyn held her close, the beta comforting the omega. Luke, the alpha, looked at the crying woman before looking back at Maryse, the fire in his eyes equally as fierce.

"What do you want us to do?"

"She's in yours and Evelyn's classes, keep an eye on her, make a relationship." She said, glancing at Evelyn from the corner of her eyes before bringing her attention to the eldest in the room. "Imogen-"

The elder held her hand up, cutting off what the woman wanted to say. "You needn't say anymore, dearie. I know my grandson, and your son and Magnus well enough they will protect their mate at all costs. Come summertime, the flock will all have a place to go to. To call home. Its what my husband always wanted for his children and since my son is no liger with us along with my husband, it goes to Jace. I will also be speaking with the council of elders. To tell them about the finished bond."

"Thank you, Imogen." The elder nodded. "I know Raelyn has created a special bond with our daughters, Jocelyn. And with their pack. Maybe we need to have a family dinner, with everyone, once she is accommodated to her new mates. What do you say, Evelyn?"

The brunette nodded, a smile on her face as the tears began to dry up. "I would like that very much."

Maryse's phone vibrated. Opening it, her eyes widened.

"That bitch..." she cursed under her breath.

"What is it, Maryse?" Luke asked.

"It would seem Maya is trying to force a bonding between Raelyn and Vince's eldest son."

"I will contact the council at once." Imogen said, standing up and leaving the room with haste.

"She can't legally do that." Evelyn said in horror. "That's not humane..."

"She under as her legal guardian, Evelyn. Unfortunately, she can. Luke, can you get ahold of Francis Verlac? He's one of the best lawyers we know, don't tell him that part his head is already to big for his ego. Alec is also friends with his son, and Raphael with his mates. They don't go to this college, but that doesn't mean they can't come in as visitors."

Luke, who was already trying to get ahold of Francis, nodded, leaving the room to speak, leaving the women alone in the room.

"This was never supposed to happen to her..." Evelyn said quietly, her head in her hands. "They were supposed to take care of her, always. They promised."

Both women grabbed one of her hands in comfort. "Nick would have never let this happen, Ev. You know that. His bitch of a wife though... she can rot in hell. As Nick's friends, and the mothers to her mates and flock members, we will take care of her. Just like it should've been in the beginning."

The only thing the widowed Lewis could do was nod, silent tears falling from her eyes still as she sat with her best friends. She was going to do the right thing this time. She wasn't going to fail, that was a promise she was making to herself, Nick, and Raelyn.

(A/N: Sebastian in this is NOT Clary's brother, only a friend, but Johnathan is still her brother.)