Chapter thirty seven Confrontation and excuses

Stefanie Tom

"Well?"

I began to make excuses.

"Well ok so when I went to Italy-"

"You never WENT TO ITALY. I want the truth."

"I went to ITALY to uh, become a MAGICIAN and I wanted to practice in the washroom."

"No one even knew."

I laughed nervously. "Haha no!"

"Tell or I'll go telling everyone about you."

"I'll just cast a spell to erase your memory."

Clair backed away, scared. I sighed. I had already said too much.

"Fine. I was in the Celestial Realm at a school for supernatural kids. And all of my friends here are on a quest and apparently we had to back to this dump. My new school is SO AWSOME! Great food, a dining hall, we live in mansions and we have cabin mates and we don't do math we do Spellology, Potion making, Spells and Rituals...."

Clair's eyes lit up.

"Can I come with you!?"

"NO."

"I found a portal in my closet!"

"What color?"

"Black and white."

"That means you are human because none of the elements chose you. Plus there's someone creating portals to our world and we have stop him."

"I... I think I have powers too."

"What can you do?"

"Uh... I can..."

"Do you know what an Elementist is?"

"Uh yeah! It's a monster!"

"WRONG. They are people who can wield the power of the elements. As for the portals, example: Sohee's portal was green and that's why she has the element of earth. Her mom is Terra, the daughter of the earth. She is an Elementist. Emma's was blue. Her dad is Poseidon, the god of the sea. She's a Demigod. And Jennie, who has two elements, earth and ice, her portal was ice blue and earth green. She's a Taican. Also a hybrid. Her dad is the guadian of light and her mom is Khione an ice goddess. Evan's portal was gold and red orange and yellow because his elements are fire, lightning, and sun, the Weathermental element. And his twin Leah her portal was moon blue and silver and ocean blue and ice blue. Her elements are water, ice, and the Weathermental element, moon. You got a black and white portal and that means you are human which proves that you don't have powers and-"

I began to explain about how the color of the portal affects if you have powers or not. Again.

"And you don't even know what a Taican is." I finished hastily. "It's someone who has two godly parents but they weren't born with the piece of immortality that make gods gods. Also they can be a hybrid. And if you did have powers you would know the expression "Why in the name of Taicans did you do that!?" And you have actual birth parents. I don't! I am the daughter of Tatianna Blackthorn so I am one of the most powerful people besides the twins. Sun and moon. Julian's dad is Zeus. And you don't want to meet him."

"I want you to give me powers."

I stepped back.

"For your best friend! You have to, you deserted me for that school!"
"So?"
"So give me powers! I want all of them and I want to go into your world!"

"It's not that easy Clair. I can't just give you powers. That's completely out of my power. Even the gods's power."

Clair continued to step toward me as I backed away. Finally, I was up against the wall, face-to-face with Clair.

"Give me POWERS! You is me for ditching me!" She hissed in my face.

"You know what? I have better friends than you Clair. They don't demand favors and payment. And they have powers and we can all totally kick your butt right now. I have better friends, more friends where I come from. True ones, unlike YOU."

"What's going on?"

I saw Leah standing out of the washroom.

I sent Leah a mind message. She nodded, focusing on Clair. She unsheathed her moon daggers and they glowed bright moon blue. Silver swirls sparkled on them. Leah's eyes glowed the same color. Clair flinched, but her eyes were full of jealousy as she looked at Leah.

"Don't make me use these." Leah's warned.

I sidestepped from the wall.

"I have powers and I am coming with you!

"Go kiss a demon! You have powers in your imagination! I hate you!" I yelled.

"I don't have powers but I want them!"

I lost it. I blasted her with a light rainbow blast.

Clair stumbled.

Leah smirked and blasted a moonblast at her face. A light one though. And also, I forgot.... Luckily everyone in the classrooms near by were outside. Playing man hunt.

I heard footsteps.

All ten of my remaining friends rushed in.

We all circled Clair.

"Dude." I said, clapping Julian on the back. "You Max and Evan.... In the girls washroom?"

"Shut up." Julian said, clapping my shoulder good humorously.

We all readied our powers. Clair cowered in the middle. Our eyes were all glowing the colors of our element(s)

"Clair if this is the kind of person you are now, I want nothing to do with you. I have a new life, new friends, and powers. You can't stop that my life has changed. There is no way you can get powers, because the gods and everyone are watching you right now. We risk our lives and fight monsters and demons and evil people while you are just begging for powers so that you can show then off and be part of the magic life. Well the gods, me, the elements, and my friends know what kind of person you are now. So back. The. Heck. Off."

Clair screamed. Her gaze swelled across us. Her eyes were filled hatred and rage and pure jealousy. We opened up our circle so that she could get out. She yelled "I WANT POWERS! I WILL GET THEM! I WILL, THROUGH YOU OR THROUGH THE GODS!"

I smirked as she ran away. "The gods can't even give her powers. And if they could I don't think they would."

"Agreed." Everyone said.

"Ok so... To the fact that Julian Max and Evan are standing right inside the girls washroom..."

We all laughed and the three boys looked embarrassed.

"Shut up!" They groaned, but I could tell that they were amused.

The fire alarm went off. It began to ring loudly.

Max swore right on the spot. Julian blasted the floor with a lightning bolt in frustration while Sohee angrily summoned vines that lashed at the wall.

I bet you think that fire alarms in the mortal world are just drills and real fires. So you think we're over reacting.

Wrong.

There was an actual fire in the school, but that wasn't our concern.

All of us knew what this alarm meant.

An incoming monster alarm.

Hungry flames roared everywhere. We ran out of the washroom, just as all of the students and teachers were out of the school. Wow they forgot about us. How nice. I realized this as we entered the classroom.

We all readied our powers, stirring up magic, readying flames, forming water, summoning lightning bolts, summoning sunblasts and moonblasts and vines, blowing some air, drawing weapons...

I summoned a crackling rainbow wave in my hand, ready to throw it at a monster. It was then when we heard roars of challenge and defiance.

"Shiz here they come!" I yelled, holding up my now rainbow-filled hand.