The Boy in the box

Dani's POV:
I wake up to the sound of metal screeching against metal. Like screams of a terrified boy. I pull my face off of the cold metal and I lean against a wall? It was pitch black not even the faintest sight of a light source I run my fingers across the ground. "Where the hell am I?" I get on my knees and start to crawl around the space, waving my hands around so I can't crash into anything. I run my hands across something. Fabric? I can feel smoothness against my fingertips and then I reach what I thought was hair.

"Another person?" The person gasps and I panic and fall backwards. "It better be a person." I start to breathe heavier and I can't stop shaking. "Hello?" I say, searching for a voice. My voice was light and clear. "What? Where in the bloody hell am I?" A British boy. I run the words boy through my head several times before replying, "I have no clue." I rest my head against the metal wall and just wait for any type of sign, a signal, just something. "We're stuck aren't we?" His voice sounded calm surprisingly. I wouldn't expect such a calm tone to the way that he woke up. And all I could say was," yeah."

We start to move and a red light appears along with a buzzer noise. It wasn't until then I figured out I had no memory except my name, Dani. I look around frantically and I find boxes and cages and I start to stare at the boy. He was pretty cute actually. His hair was disheveled and blond like he ran his hand through his hair a million times. His clothes look like he was homeless before he was put into the box, wait we're in a box? I start to panic. We're trapped. I whip my head around in tons of directions, looking for a way out. I look back at the boy and he just sits there, calm. Like we aren't actually stuck in a box. Like he's at home, sitting on a couch, enjoying his life. I look at him and he looks at me. He smiles and I can't help but look away from his face. "I can't flirt when I'm trapped, I can't."

The box accelerates upwards at such a force that I thought eventually this box would derail and fall right back down into the bottomless black abyss. Sparks erupt from the rail and the box keeps screeching.

The box comes to a stop and then a light appears from above, blinding, me since my eyes had adjusted to the darkness. All I can make out are treetops and the blue sky. Then, people start to gather around the opening of the box and a man with dark skin and ragged clothes jumps into the box. He puts his hand out to me and says, "Hi, my name's Alby. Welcome to the Glade."

I adjusted this to where Newt comes in when Thomas comes in instead of him being there in the beginning. Hope you enjoyed it :) New part coming out tomorrow