-41-

-41-

I stare at Emu as he sits down, staring up at me. 

Hiiro has left us to be alone and he took Poppy away with him. Kuroto is somewhere nearby and I'm not that worried about him. We kind of treat him like he's not here. I don't know why we do that, but we do.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" Emu asks me, his face looking a bit concerned. I hope he doesn't think I want to end things already. 

"Emu..." I don't think I will be able to tell him.

"You can tell me anything you want to tell me. If it about what you two have been talking about, I can already guess it has to do with how you got here. You two have been so secretive and I know that you have no interest in him, so it can't be anything romantic. Also, it'll explain Taiga's disliking of you."

I look down, nodding my head. "Yeah, it has to do with all of that. I don't know when you figured it out, Emu, but I am glad I don't have to tell you exactly every little detail."

"I figured it out pretty early on actually," he responds. "I just didn't want to correct you on anything." 

I lift my head up a bit, staring at him as he smiles a bit. "You knew for that long and you didn't tell me that you did? You allowed me to believe that you were clueless!" I step towards him and smack him on the head lightly, shaking my head. This boy is going to be the death of me!

He laughs, lifting his hands up to block me from hitting him a few more times. "Hey, I didn't want to ruin your happiness! Besides, it'll make you a target and not the good kind. I do not want Parad hurting you over something you did to keep him off your back."

I put my hand down and sigh heavily. "I was so worried about telling you this entire time. I thought you would hate me the moment you found out."

"It is only a matter of time before he finds out and when he does, I'll protect you." He stands up and puts his arms around me, embracing me gently. "When he finds out, you need to rush over to my side. Parad will be violent for sure." 

Parad killed a bunch of people without a care. He honestly didn't care about those people. He only allows me to live because I lied to him. If I didn't make up a lie, I would be dead right now. I don't know if he would have done it or someone else, but someone would have killed me. 

"I am just surprised you knew already." I freaked out over this for no reason. Then again, Emu is a genius and isn't as dumb as some people think he is. "Why did you let me worry so much over it?"

"I didn't mean to let you freak out over it. I just never found the time to talk to you about it properly. I didn't want to bring it up during sex," he says softly. "Anyways, I knew for sure when you two were on the rooftop." Rooftop? The helipad at the top of the hospital? 

"We didn't see you up there." 

"I was coming up there for some air and I noticed you two there. I left after hearing something Hiiro said to you. I didn't stay for the entire conversation, but I heard some of it and that is when I knew for sure your story was a lie." 

I shake my head. "We didn't even notice you up there."

"I am sorry for not saying a word, but when would it have been appropriate to call you out on it? I didn't want to seem like I was mad about it. I honestly get why you did it, Elk," he tells me. "I would never be mad unless you used your story to take over the world somehow." 

"I wouldn't have done that. I did use it to my advantage with Parad and that was wrong to do. I shouldn't have gotten into a relationship with him."