Chapter 27

December 20, 2017. Our Christmas party and also the last day here in school. Christmas break is coming. My family doesn't have a plan this upcoming Christmas and New year. Maybe we'll just celebrate in the house. Others will have Christmas vacation with their family. About Mina, she have a plan to go visit her family together with Sana and Momo unnie.

We are enjoying our last day. Too many foods to eat. But I don't eat too much. The class president prepare some games for us. After the games, we all gather around. It's time for the exchange gifts. I received one Mini Bag from Somi. While I gave my gift to Irene, it's a small pouch with a bunny design.

Our last day didn't end without the squads celebration. In our favorite place to hang out, we had fun. We play, we eat, we talked. When it's already 5 pm, we bid our goodbye to each other. It will be a long summer vacation without these noisy girls. I looked at my friends and all of them are busy talking to their girlfriends, while Jihyo unnie is busy talking to Momo unnie and Dahyun. I turned my gaze to Mina. I talked to her and told her that she need to take care of herself. She told me the same. I whispered my 'i love you' and my 'sorry' for my behaviour towards her. She told me that she understand, I sigh in relief after hearing her answer. We said our goodbyes once again.

--------

Days passed easily. As I expected, we celebrated our Christmas and New year in the house. We had our exchange gifts and I received a new phone from my parents. Hyung had one too.

The school days will resume tomorrow. I'm excited to meet Mina again. We only had phone calls since she's far from me. My parents went back to their house after celebrating New year.

Hyung and I are here in the living room. We decided to watch some movies because we still have long day to spend. I bought some chips awhile ago, so we can enjoy watching. I'm focusing on the movie when Hyung suddenly talks.

"By the way cub, how are things going between you and Mina?"

"Eh? Why us suddenly?" During the vacation, Hyung never asked about me and Mina. So I was a bit shocked on why she suddenly open up about it. "But we are fine. We only do phone calls. It's not that hard to be away from her. I didn't even realize that it's been 2 weeks."

I looked at her when whe didn't say a word. But she's just focus on the movie. I turned my gaze to the movie and watched again.

"I heard from Tzuyu that they are already here."

"I don't know. She haven't message me yet." It's true. Mina never told me that she's already here. Maybe she's resting.

"You sure, everything is ok?" Hyung finally looked at me. There's something strange to her. But I just shrugged it off.

"Yes, Hyung. We didn't let the day passed without talking to each other."

The movie ends and she didn't talk anymore. We search for another movie before we prepare our dinner. Nothing talks again after that question from Hyung.

Hyung stood up after the movie ends. And I clean the mess in the living room. While cleaning, I received a message from Minari. Saying that they went back here and she'll just see me tomorrow. I didn't replied back and continue what I'm doing.

"Cub, dinner's ready. Are we going to eat now? Or later?"

"It's up to you, Hyung."

I'm still full because of the chips. But if she wants to eat already, it's still fine with me. In that case, I can sleep early. In fact, we need to wake up early tomorrow.

"Hmmm. Let's eat. Then let us prepare our uniform and things for tomorrow." After hearing that, I went to the dining area ang helped her to prepare the food.

"How are you and Nayeon unnie? Is she back from their vacation?" I asked her to break the silence.

She swallow her food before answering. "She's already here 2 days ago. But we haven't meet yet. Maybe I'll just see her tomorrow morning."

I nod at her. No more conversation until we finished our dinner. I washed the plates while she cleans the dirt in the table. She waited for me until I'm done. We both went to our room and exchanged our goodnights.

After preparing the things I need for tomorrow, I decided to message Mina.

"Grab your dinner now, Minari. We need to wake up early."

"I just finished eating. I'm preparing my things so it won't get hassle tomorrow morning."

"Okay. Hmmm how was your vacation?"

"We had fun. We just stayed in our house and some of our relatives joined our celebration."

"It's good to hear. Are you done?"

"Just a little bit more. Why?"

"Nothing. Just asking. When you're done, let's sleep."

"Ok. I'm done. Goodnight."

"Yeah. Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow morning before I go to my classroom."

I purposely told her that I'll go to her first. So I won't get a chance to see her again with someone. It's not a good thing to start our new year.

"Ok. See you."

I put my phone beside my pillow and prepare myself to sleep. Our conversation seems so cold, but that's how we communicate this past few days.

I remove all the thoughts in my mind. I want to have a great sleep.

---------

I woke up with a knock on my door. I looked at the clock and it's 6:30 already. Hyung must be tired of waiting that's why she decided to wake me up.

"I'm awake now, Hyung. Just give me 10 minutes. I'll just fixed myself."

I quickly went out of my bed and goes to the bathroom. I have no choice but to take a bath really quick. After going back and forth to my room, I went out and found Hyung staring at me.

"Go and eat already. I need to go to Nayeon first. So make it fast."

I see. She's in a rush because of that. Without any protest, I ate my food. I put the used plates in the sink and we left the house. I remember that I'll go to see Mina first.

As we reached the school gate. We parted ways. She went to Nayeon and Jihyo unnies room, while I went to Mina.  I looked inside their room, and saw her wearing earphone. I asked one of her classmate to tell Mina that I'm outside.

She went outside and smile at me. I smile back and hug her. I have to admit it. I really missed her. I don't mind if others will see us. Just this once. I release from the hug and looked around. I sigh in relief when no one is looking at us.

"It's not obvious that you missed me, Love hahaha" she teased me. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Why? You don't miss me?"

"Of course, I do."

I looked at my watch. We still have 10 minutes before the class starts. I saw from afar that Hyung is already here. So I bid my goodbye to Minari. I waited for her to go inside before I left.

2 minutes before time, I reached my room. The three girls are already there, chit chatting. I told Tzuyu and Dahyun that the teacher might arrive soon, so better go back to their sits.

"Why are you almost late?" Sana unnie asked me.

"Good morning too, Unnie." I said to her. But she just laugh at me. "And about that, I woke up late."

Our coversation got cut off when the teacher arrived and after asking us about our summer vacation. She starts her lesson.