Chapter 8

Chaeyoung's POV

After I ate dinner, I stand up and went to my room. I want to be alone. I'm in my deep thoughts when I suddenly heard a knock.

"Chaeng? Are you still up? Can I come in?" I knew it. Hyung never wants to let me be alone. I sighed and allowed her to come inside.

"How are you?" She asked as soon as she saw me lying in my bed.

"Obviously, Hyung. Not fine. But I'll get through it." I said as I sat up and face her.

"That's good to hear. By the way, the school year will start 2 days from now. Are you nervous?" Hyung asked again.

I realized that the vacation is almost over. That's the perfect timing. It's a good opportunity to forget Tzuyu.

"Yeah. I guess, it will help me to forget her." I said and lie again. I asked Hyung to leave my room cause I want to sleep. I'm glad she obeyed.

"Goodnight, Hyung" she just nod and finally exit my room.

It's been a long day. I'll get through it. I thought and finally closed my eyes.

--------

2 days passed easily...

I'm currently in front of the mirror. Breathing heavily because I am so nervous. It's my first day as freshman. I hope I can find friends. I looked at myself one last time before went downstairs because Hyung is already waiting for me.

"Bye, Mom." I bid my goodbye to my Mommy before heading outside. Dad will send us to the University.

The car ride was silent. I guess Hyung is nervous like me. We don't know anyone in that school. After few minutes, we finally arrived. We bid our goodbye to Dad before we go outside the car. We already know our classroom and our schedule. We just need to find our room. Thankfully, me and Hyung were classmates.

As we enter the classroom, we decided to sit at the back to avoid too much attention. I sit beside the window and Hyung is infront of me. I'm looking outside the window as I saw a familiar girl walking inside the same classroom where I am.

Tzuyu? I said as I focus my attention to her. She saw me and a little smile formed in her lips. I breathe out as I saw her sit in front of Hyung. Thank God she didn't sit beside me.

As time passed by. Finally, the teacher came with 3 other girls following her. In my opinion, they are not Korean. And I'm right. They introduced themselves.

"Hello. I am Hirai Momo. I'm a Japanese. Please take care of me." A blonde girl said as she bowed at us.

"Hi. I am Myoui Mina. I'm also a Japanese." The red haired girl said as she bowed at us. She resemble a penguin.

The third girl looked so shocked. She's looking at someone. I followed her gaze and stop at...

Tzuyu? Same as the brown haired girl. She's also shocked as she stared to the girl. What is this? Did they know each other?

The girl got back to her senses as Mina tapped her shoulder. She blink twice before introducing herself. She's still looking at Tzuyu.

"Hi. I am Minatozaki Sana. I'm Japanese too. Take care of me please." She didn't forget to bow. But as soon as she's done. Her eyes focus on Tzuyu again. I heard a soft whispered left Tzuyu's mouth that makes my heart hurts.

"Sami. I finally found you." Tzuyu mumbled.

The teacher told them to sit in an empty chair. And to my surprise, there's only 3 chairs left. Beside me, Hyung, and Tzuyu. Momo sit beside Hyung. As I look at the two other girls. They are pushing each other because I guess, Sana don't want to sit Tzuyu. I think she's avoiding her. But Mina didn't agree. Mina sit beside me and that left Sana no choice. She silently walks beside Tzuyu and sit.

I'm looking at Tzuyu to see her reaction. And I saw her still staring at Sana. I'm so focused to them that I didn't realize that the girl beside me is already talking to me. Until she snapped her fingers in front of my eyes.

"Hello? Are you okay?" She said as soon as I look at her.

"A-ah. Y-yeah. Sorry about that. What were you saying?" I apologized as I bow to her. She laughed at me. Her laugh is so cute. Her voice is so soft. It's like she's whispering to me.

"I said, I am Mina. What's your name, little tiger?" Tiger? Do I look like a tiger?"

"I'm Chaeyoung. Son Chaeyoung. Nice to meet you, Mina-ssi." I said as I offer a handshake and she accepted it.

"Drop the formality, Chaeng. Just call me Mina." She smile at me. Woah. That gummy smile tho.

I shook my head. What am I thinking. I just focus my attention in front as the teacher keep on reading some rules and regulations.

After an hour, finally the bell rang. I got up and tapped Hyung's shoulder to ask her to go in the cafeteria. I'm hungry.

"Hyung, let's go. I'm hungry" I said as I waited for her.

"Hyung? Why Hyung?" Her seatmate asked me.

"Ahh. She just used to call me Hyung instead of Unnie. I'm her cousin." Hyung explained. "By the way, Chaeng. Momo and her friends will be joining us. Is that okay?" Hyung asked as they waited for my answer.

"Yeah. Let's go. My stomach is growling already!" I said and starts to go first.

As we enter the cafeteria. I already spotted an empty table with 6 chairs. It's perfect for all of us. I asked Hyung to buy me snacks and I said that I'll reserved the table. They agreed.

They didn't take long to buy foods. As usual, Mina sit beside me. while Momo is beside Hyung. And Sana is beside Momo.

I begin to eat as I saw Tzuyu again. I saw her looking for an empty table. I roamed my eyes and didn't found empty spot, so I called her.

"Hey, Tzuyu! Over here!" I shouted. Didn't mind what others think. She face our table and begin to walk.

"Thanks, Chae." She said as she sit beside me. I just nod and smile to her.

The table became quiet. I caught Sana and Tzuyu stealing glances to each other. I just sighed. I guess, she will have her answers and the continuation of their love story. I'm happy for her.

I felt someone is kicking my feet under the table. I look in front of me and found Hyung looking at me. She mouthed "are you okay?"  to me. I just nod my head as a response.

-----

Our first day as freshman finally ended as I continously steal glances to Tzuyu. And Mina's nonstop question if I am okay. I guess she notice that I am looking at Tzuyu. Hyung didn't bother to ask because she knew I'll just said that I am okay.