Chapter 16

Trust and patience. That's all I need. I will wait until she's ready. I know in myself that I ca wait. But I don't know until when. Weeks, turn to months.

1 month.......

2 months.......

6 months.......

Still. She's telling me to wait. I keep on waiting. All I did was to wait for her. It's been 6 months but she's still not ready. The past months were okay. We're both happy. Until she came. She met her online. She's Jung Eunha. At first, I'm okay with it. They're friends, so nothing's wrong on having conversation with her. But as day goes by, Mina can't let go of her phone and always talking with that girl. Just like this day. Today is supposed to be our day, our 6 monthsary. We're here at the park, but instead of having fun. I'm just here, watching her talking to Eunha.

"Aren't you done yet? You're talking to her for almost 3 hours. Can you please focus to our day?" I asked her. I want to let her know that I am annoyed with her action.

"Just a moment. She's telling me a story about the embarrasing moment of her cousin hahaha." She answered without even looking at my direction. That's it. I'm done with this shit. I stood up and preparing myself to leave. She quickly looked at me. "Yah. Where are you going?"

"Home. Just talk to her for the rest of the day, I'm going home. Just make sure the next time we meet, the so called story telling are done." I left her after saying that. You can't blame me. It's our monthsary and we're having a secret date, but all she did was talk to that girl. I am so pissed. I don't care if she follow me or not.

"Hey. I'm sorry. Don't get mad at me, please? She wants to tell it to me badly, that's why I ----." I didn't let her finish. I turn around to look at her with mad expression.

"That's why I'm letting you talk to her! I will let you now! I'm tired by the way. I'm tired watching you having fun, while I'm here looking like a stupid one waiting for your attention!" I said and walk away. She didn't get a chance to follow me anymore, I guess she's shocked because it's my first time shouting at her.

--------

"What happened, Cub? You came home early." Hyung saw me as I enter the house but I didn't talk to her. I went to my room and shut the door loudly. I don't care if it gets broken. It's only me and Hyung here in the house. Mom and Dad left us. They said that they want to have their vacation. It's their wedding anniversary 3 days from now.

I'm lying in my bed and trying to calm myself. I have no one to talk to because no one knows that we're dating. I just let myself cool down. Too many thoughts are in my mind right now. I want to rest. I'm tired emotionally and physically. While looking at the ceiling, my phone ring. I look at the screen and saw that Mina is calling me. I just let it ring for I don't know how many times. I don't want to talk to her, for now. Moments later, it stopped. I look at my phone again and saw the message she send. I'm doubting myself if I will read it or not. But in the end, I chose to read it.

(Mina's messages are in Italic font while Chaeyoung is in normal font)

"Love, talk to me please. I'm sorry. Come back here at the park, please."

"Just go home for now, Mina. Let's talk tomorrow. In the rooftop. Just let my head cool down."

"Please, Love. I'm still here."

"Go home. I won't go there. I'll text Sana Unnie to pick you up."

"You don't want to see me anymore?"

"It's not like that."

"Please, Love? Come here."

"Love?"

"Love, I'm sorry. Please let's talk."

"I'll wait for you here."

I keep reading her messages while walking. I can see her from here. She's looking at her phone and her messages keep on popping in my phone screen. I sigh and walk to where she's sitting.

"Stop texting me. I'm already here." I said as I sit beside her.

"I'm sorry, Love. Please don't get mad at me. I won't talk to her again." She said while looking straight to my eyes.

"Promise?"

"Promise. Are we okay now?" She asked while having a cute face.

"How can I say no? Let's go. Let's not waste this day. It's special to us." I said while holding her hands.

We're walking here at the park. Just a simple date for a highschool student. Eating ice cream, playing like a two year old kid, walking around and taking pictures. I can say that this day is still special. I'm getting used to hiding our relationship. It's still hard, because there are some people wants to get her attention. And having our friends that will push her to date someone.

"Hey. You're not listening, aren't you?" My thoughts got cut because Mina tapped my shoulder.

"U-uhhh sorry. What were you saying?" I look at her. But she just rolled her eyes to me. Cute hahaha.

"Yah. I'm sorry. I just thought of something."

"And what is it?" She asked raising her one eyebrow.

"Nothing. Just don't mind it. What are you saying awhile ago?"

"Hmm. I said, thank you for coming back here. And I'm sorry if I didn't use this day nicely. I love you so much, Love. Don't give up on me, please." I look at her and she look so sad. I hold her hand and smile at her.

"I won't give up on you. I promise. I love you more than most, Love. Let's just enjoy this day." She nod and hug me.

We continue to enjoy our day. I send her home when the time hits 5:30. Sana unnie and Momo unnie ask me to stay there for more hours. But I told them that Hyung is waiting for me at the house. I bid my goodbye to them and went home.

----------

"Hyung, I'm home." I called out because I can't find her in the living room. I saw her exiting the Kitchen. Maybe she's cooking for our dinner.

"Oh? I thought you're in your room. I didn't notice that you left again. Where have you been?"

"In the park. Minari texted me. I just spend some time there and bring her home." I explained. I saw her teasing face.

"Woah. You brought her home? A girlfriend action. Are you sure you're just friends?" She asked and walk back to the kitchen. I follow her.

"Same question and same answer, Hyung." I went to the refrigerator and drink some water.

"Okay. Okay." She said while raising her both hands. "I get it now. You're just friends. Anyway, go change your clothes now. Dinner is almost ready." I nod at her and run to my room. I changed my clothes and rest for a moment. After almost 10 minutes, Hyung called me saying that dinner is ready.

"Cub, are you contented with your relationship with Mina? Just friends?" Hyung suddenly speak out.

"Hyung, I can't do anything about that. Dating need two persons decision. I can't decide for the both of us if it's not the same. You know that." We both fell in silence after that conversation. We finished our dinner and clean our mess. We both went up to our room as we both need to sleep. Tomorrow is Monday. We have early classes.