She's Dead

Aunt Mary's P.O.V

I didn't want to be the person who had to tell her that her mother had died. Well my sister was great until her husband Mark left. (Milani's father) The police said it was a common mistake of a drug overdose, was it really?

I feel that Milani is the only piece left of my sister, she wasn't the best but, she tried. Today I'm going have to break the news to Milani about Karma's tragic death. Driving to the hospital my fingers are cold and wrenched, nervous and scared of how Milani might respond.
What if she doesn't care?
Is she going to cry?, is all I can currently think of.

I pull up to the hospital with cute white Daisies in hand to enlighten Milani's mood.

"Hello, I'm visiting Milani King." I said hesitant.

"Go right on up." The young Indian woman stated.

I attached my visitors card on my shirt ready to go break the news. I never felt so darn scared in my life, off the elevator and in front of Milani's room I watch hoping she notices my presence.

"Hey Milani, how's your day going?" I said with minor stutters.

"Hey Mary, I'm doing ok my blood pressure is kind of high but I'll be okay."

"That's the spirit." I said, my voice painfully broke.

"What's wrong?" Milani asked in shock, she knew there was something wrong.

"Well I'm sorry to tell you but your mom died, there's nothing else I can tell you, her funeral is on Saturday if you want to come" She offered.

"She abandoned me, and left my cancerous life to go drink and drug herself, I'm not going, there's somewhere I have to be on Saturday" She said In hurt, ready to break up in tears.

"It's your choice just think, that's your mother, yeah my mother was a pain I went to her damn funeral, I have to go" I said furiously.

Storming out wasn't the best thing to do but Milani knew better, how dare she say she won't go to that funeral. Yeah Karma messed up, she was my sister I tried to help, I simply brought her daughter in my household.

I stormed out the hospital sobbing, waiting for Milani to call me hopefully.

That's the end to our relationship she doesn't have a mom but she has a boyfriend. Maybe I can talk to him in need of some help.

Hayes is honestly a sweetheart and is perfect for Milani's wants and needs. Well I only met him once when we was at the mall, he works there how sweet.

Getting into my Jeep Compass my phone starts vibrating and I'm wondering well is it Milani??

Staring at my phone it's a blocked unknown number.

"Hello, who's calling?" I asked putting the phone on speaker.

"Naughty Mary, what's the problem you in for a ride." The person said breathing heavily.

"Excuse me, wrong number." I said in shock.

"It's Big Forte, remember the favor you need to return?"

WOW
Oh S***