The seventh year

The final chapter.
A year of tears and only tears.

You don't believe you're finally here.
You've always hated school but why, as the year begins, you start to pull on the strings harder.

The days seem to be going by faster than they were before; you want to stop it.
You are not ready for this.

You feel nostalgic about every single thing, you live in your past memories as if you never want to abandon them.

You want to escape from reality.
You never want to wake up from your dreams.

It's too much for you to handle.

You pretend you're strong but you just melt up so easily.

'Your teenager years are over. You've reached adulthood.'

Lies.

Your mind still speaks the same. Neither your personality nor your interests changed.

It has just been one year since your last birthday.

You hold on to your friends tighter, you maximise your hugs.

You never want to let them go.

You can't imagine a world without them.

You don't understand how you'll be coping with such loneliness.

You feel empty.
A part of your soul has disappeared.

You are again thrown into making a tough decision.

This time is the hardest one.

People think you'll cope with it since you're 18 now but you're in fact, still the same person in your mind.

Changing from our teenager phase to a completely different world is a whole damn procedure.

The last time, we only changed schools but this time, we are put in the harsh reality of life and there are little or no friends to spend the day with.

College life seems fun as you finally get the independence and freedom you've always yearned for.

So, why is it that you still feel there's something bugging you or you don't feel as happy as you thought you would be?

The basis of life rather than happiness is overcoming  difficulties.

You can't spell life without a 'shit' but it's in fact the closest to its actual meaning.

If you let yourself get weakened easily, you'll never be able to meet a fruitful time in life.

Life is all about strength and progress.

You need to be strong to progress and to be strong, you need to walk right into your problems rather than giving up because it's too hard.

It's definitely not easy. It requires some time but in the end, you'll be able to do it.

Disappointment is a daily part of our lives but we should never feel our confidence halo falling.

Work life is again another issue.

Your colleagues do not really become your best friends unless you've known each other for a long time or you've grown up together.

Everyone has their respective lives, no one really cares about you.

You have to stand on your own feet and manage everything alone.

Some people find it hard at first but eventually they are able to adapt. However some of us can't really adapt so soon and this haunts us for a really long time.

But we're still in our last year so why really bother about all those problems that build up stress.

Let's rather enjoy the last few days with our dearest friends.

Some things can never be forgotten, no matter how old and petty they are.

If they are precious to someone, they can never be erased from his memory.

And with that said, I reached the end of my adolescence.

Even with all the good and bad phases, I will never forget what I learnt during those years.

It was a dope experience, being a teenager.