Chapter 3: Dating

I know this is the most typical thing for a Wattpad writer to say, but thanks for 100 reads :D It means a lot to me that people are liking my story, so leaving a comment or two might be niceeeee (sorry for the advertisement) Have fun reading this chapter! 

P.S. I deleted the second chapter since it didn't really push the story forward at all and it was kinda boring.

What had she just signed up for?

Jirou didn't fully understand herself from last night. She had agreed to be Kaminari's fake girlfriend, not even just with family, but in front of the whole class. The repercussions were something that had grazed her mind, but she'd still said yes.

She hadn't even asked him how long it would last.

She shook her head. Still five minutes before her alarm clock would go off, thankfully. Jirou turned it off and pulled herself out of bed, then stretched. This was the day she and Kaminari would debut as a couple. Her heart beat loudly in her chest as she thought about it.

After getting ready and heading to breakfast, she sat down with her friends in the cafeteria. Another table caught her attention. Kaminari was practically destroying it from slamming on it as he roared in laughter. Bakugou's yelling caused her to insinuate he was at the short end of the joke.

Kaminari's laugh was obnoxious.

In a nice way. When he laughed, no one could stop themselves from joining in.

She noticed Mina tapping Kaminari's shoulder. When he gave her his attention, she put on an excited look and started talking. Mina received Kaminari's annoying, overconfident smile as he said something inaudible.

She always wondered how Mina could be so popular. She either sat with Jirou and her friends, or with Kaminari, Sero, Kirishima, and Bakugou.

Guess it made sense though. She was carefree, energetic, and super friendly. You couldn't help but like her. Jirou wouldn't say she felt resentment. Just a small twinge in her chest.

Kaminari spun around and made eye contact with her, causing her to realize she was staring. His face formed into one of those smiles, and she quickly averted her gaze.

Soon Jirou was heading to class, and she felt the reality of the situation sink in.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," she told her friends. They suggested coming with her, but she told them it was fine. She needed a few moments to herself.

She walked into the bathroom and leaned against the wall.

In a few minutes, everyone would know. Well not exactly, but they would be under the impression that Kaminari was her boyfriend, and Jirou was his girlfriend.

How were you even supposed to act with a boyfriend? Was holding hands in school weird? Was she going to have to sit with him at lunch now? Would she have to kiss him?!

Whatever. It'd be fine.

She left with a sigh, then jumped. Kaminari was standing right in front of her.

"Are you trying to creep on girls in the bathroom?"

"No no no, I'm just waiting for you! Wait, that also sounded weird-- I was waiting for you not in front of the bathroom but like near the side and then I heard you coming out so I moved and--"

"Ok, ok, nevermind! What do you need?"

"Uh, well we're gonna be kinda dating now, so..."