Chapter 6: Tipsy

(oof I'm late. again. well it's 2:00 AM so please give me an A for effort. have fun!)

"Ouch!"

Kaminari grit his teeth. The dark magenta bruise on his stomach hurt from even the slightest touch.

He'd been lucky enough to grab a branch that lessened the fall, but it had still hurt like hell. Jirou had told him to go to Recovery Girl, but then he had remembered this special event in the video game he was playing. He'd brushed it off and went back to his dorm soon after, which was before the bruise really formed.

It was ending in a couple hours, okay?

He should've just put some ice on it when he had the chance. Kaminari groaned, lying on his bed like a corpse and staring up at the ceiling. Going to get some first aid from the bathrooms was the best idea, but trying to get up would hurt like hell. He waited for someone to save him.

An angel knocked on his door.

"It's open!"

More specifically, his angel.

"Um, I've got your hoodie," Jirou said as she walked in, holding it under her arm. "I washed it by the way."

It was probably the cleanest clothes in his room. He cursed at his past self as Jirou glanced at the piles of dirty laundry covering the floor.

"Thanks. You can just put it on the dresser."

Jirou rolled her eyes. "Come get it yourself."

"The thing is... I kinda can't."

"Huh?"

He lifted his shirt.

"Didn't you hear what I told you?!"

"I--"

"Actually, I don't wanna hear it." She tossed the hoodie on his dresser and walked out the door.

He sighed.

A few minutes later the door reopened. Jirou came in holding a first aid kit and a bag of ice, then walked over to his bedside.

"You're gonna help me?"

She opened the first aid kit. "Yeah."

"Why?"

"I couldn't just leave you to die, idiot," she teased. She wrapped the bag of ice in a towel and put it over Kaminari's bruise. Her touch made butterflies fly around in his stomach.

"You should keep that on for a while, then replace it when the ice melts. At least that's what the internet told me." Her gaze moved towards his face. She frowned. "Do you have a cut?"

At her comment he became aware of the pain in his forehead. He touched it to see blood on his fingertip. "Probably from a branch when I fell."

"You should disinfect it," she said.

"Can you do that for me? I can't go to a mirror to see it." Maybe that wasn't exactly the main reason he was asking. Maybe he wanted Jirou to treat his injuries. Maybe he wanted Jirou to look deeply into his eyes.

Also, maybe he had some thoughts about Jirou in a nurse outfit swirling around in his head.

She pressed her lips together and moved to stand over him.

He gulped. Her eyes were staring into his. His face was getting hotter. His gaze moved down to her mouth.

Jirou's fingers brushed against his skin as she pushed his bangs back from his forehead, careful not to touch his cut. She reached towards the first aid kit and took a damp cloth out of it, then dabbed it on his injury.