Part 1: Regulus

It was the first day of the 6th year at Hogwarts and for the first time since he was 11, Sirius had gotten a letter bearing the Black family crest. It read:
Dear Sirius,
"I'm writing to you because I'm done with you. I'm truly sick and tired of you. You used to care, you used to say you loved me, but you and I are over. We are no longer brothers... You left me all alone with our repulsive parents in that house while you ran off to be a Gryffindor while I took the fall for it all. Because all I ever was to you was your weird little brother who's destined to be a death that eater, right? After all, that's all I ever hear you tell your friends about me. With that said, don't talk to me because if you didn't already know, Mother and Father have hereby disowned you and scratched you off the family tree. As far as you're concerned, I'm the Black family heir now. And one last thing, don't come looking for me because we are no longer family.
Sincerely,
Regulus Black"
Sirius read those words with tears brimming his eyes, threatening to escape. For god's sake, that was his little brother. The same brother he had always loved and never intended to hurt. But he had... Learning this pained him more than Sirius could ever express. He looked to the other side of the Great Hall and met his brother's eyes. Regulus looked at Sirius disappointingly and mouthed, "we are not brothers, as further confirmation."
He had lost so much in his life that he didn't want to risk losing anything else. Right now the only thing he had were his friends, who would likely hate him if they ever knew the truth.