001; sakura trees

** i do not own any of the saiki k characters. only my oc. lowercase intentional.

SAIKI KUSUO FELL back against his bed, exhausted

SAIKI KUSUO FELL back against his bed, exhausted. he had just come home from a busy day of school and managed to avoid the thousands of troubles it brought with him everyday. first, he had to extinguish a fire outside the academy, then had to get rid of the tsunami that was heading towards japan. sometimes it felt like the world was against him and his desire to live a normal life.

"kuu-chan~ dinner's ready!" saiki's mother called from downstairs. it wasn't really needed though, because he had already known from her thoughts, but he appreciated the effort anyways.

i'll be down there in an hour, i want to get some sleep. he replied.

"alright! but remember to eat!"

saiki didn't bother to respond to that. instead, he turned over to his side and placed his glasses on his desk (not bothering to watch it float over to his desktop) before turning over again. he had switched off his lights and closed his binds, making the room dark and suitable for his rest. when he was finally satisfied by the lighting, he shut his eyes and pulled the covers over. although he had many thoughts in his head— none of which are his, all he could hear— his eyelids grew heavy and he let the darkness surround him and pull him into slumber.

~

when he opened his eyes, he realized two things immediately:
one, he wasn't in his room anymore.

and two, he had no powers.

what the...

his mind was particularly quiet, the scary type of silence that you hear at night sometimes when everyone's asleep and there weren't crickets out. (not that saiki knew how that was. oh how he wished he did.)

saiki was lying down— the same position he was in when he was in bed— looking up at the pink sakura tree that was swaying above him. he quickly sat up and faced the city landscape and cloudy pink-ish red sky above it. the city was alive with lights and they glittered everywhere, like stars on a cloudless night sky. even from saiki's distance, he could see these lights, as if he was right in the center of the city. the skyscrapers towered over the crowded streets, cars racing past. usually, it would be loud in cities— especially with the amount of people and their thoughts— but it was quiet without his telepathy. peaceful. he thought, as the wind ruffled his hot pink hair.

he stared at the cityscape a little longer before glancing down at his lap. he furrowed his eyebrows when seeing his hands. as he turned them from the palm and back, they looked blurry, out of focus, and just wrong. click clack his brain mocked him. gears were shifting in place and he was still trying to make sense of his surroundings. he thought he could count six fingers but before he could think more of it, a noise came from behind him.

the sound of a snap of a twig and the shuffling of feet on the ground.

"hello?" a light voice asked tentatively. saiki jumped, barely holding back a yelp. because he no longer had his telepathy, he was slightly frightened, to say the least, when he turned and saw a girl peeking from behind the tree. he flinched when he saw her, covering his eyes and feeling for his glasses, before realizing he didn't have to. (he was still wearing his green tinted glasses though, for reassurance.)

she tilted her head to her right, puzzled, but didn't say anything further. saiki took a look at her, putting his hands down. she looked around his age and wore light clothes, unsuitable to the wind they were experiencing. her hair was an odd light pink, almost matching with his hot pink, and she wore black glasses that framed her face. "uhm," she started again, "who.. are you? and where am i?" she looked as confused as he was.

suddenly his brain had finally connected the dots from earlier— about saiki's hands and his sudden teleportation. click clack goes the gears again. a dream. this is a dream. but if this a dream... what is this girl doing here? suddenly, another realization came slamming down upon saiki at this point. this is one of my new powers, isn't it.

yes. he must have developed a new power to connect his and someone else's dreams. (why? for the plo- i mean, ahem.) maybe he had developed this power due to an unknown desire in him, maybe to talk to someone without knowing what their inner thoughts were. it was the only explanation. after all, most of his dreams were premonition dreams and lasted a short time. this one, was too long to be a normal dream and specific to be a simple premonition.

saiki sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. yare yare, how do i get out of this.

he looked up at the girl to find her green eyes searching his. he nearly attempted to speak to her with his telepathy, before realizing he didn't have it right now. saiki cleared his throat, opening his mouth to speak before closing it again with a frown. he realized how stupid it would be of him to outright tell her about his powers, especially to some girl he didn't even know. he racked his brain for a reasonable excuse to tell the girl, who was patiently waiting for his response to her earlier question. who are you?

"i'm," saiki started slowly, "a figment of your imagination."

and that's what started it all.

** i have been particularly obsessed with saiki k these days and im trying to write a ff ig?? i like this idea so.., here we go. wish me luck!!