002; strawberry

** i do not own any of the saiki k characters. only my oc. lowercase intentional.

"MY IMAGINATION?" SHE asked, incredulous

"MY IMAGINATION?" SHE asked, incredulous. "so.. this is a dream?"

her green eyes studied the pink haired boy once again as he shifted uncomfortably under her stare. she looked back up at him giving him a big smile.

"my brain made a cute boy... wow.. thank you, me!"

yare yare. this is going to be complicated.

she sat down next to him, patting at the the spot next to her. she looked up at him expectantly, and saiki sat beside her as well. he looked at her as she watched the city landscape and he decided to study her. to find out why his powers connected his dreams to her, of all people. she was completely random, it seemed, minus the seemingly matching hair colors. he was also curious why she accepted his explanation so quickly. naive, maybe.

without his x-ray vision, he was able to see her face as it was. the girl's face was less chiseled than teruhashi's. it gave more of a softer look, with rounder cheeks. her bangs were longer than her face, falling on the sides. she turned to look at him, feeling his gaze.

"is something wrong, strawberry-kun?"

strawberry-kun? when did she give me a nickname?

"no, nothing. also my name is saiki. saiki kusuo." his tone was annoyed but his face betrayed no expression.

"oh? you have a name? not what i would've thought of, but its nice." she nodded. "well, i'm kiyami! kiyami mai, although you probably already know that."

i didn't, because i don't actually know you.

saiki gave her a nod. she smiled and turned back towards the city, repeating his name under her breath.

saiki put his hand under his chin and leaned forward at kiyami, still studying her. the girl didn't notice this time, still mumbling his name like a chant. he was still very confused why his powers had chosen her of all people. she wasn't anything unique or out of the world. she seemed almost dumb and spontaneous. he couldn't understand why he started to share a dream with her, or why he had this power in the first place.

at least it isn't teruhashi-san. i see her enough at school.

he turned his gaze from her. the sky was darkening and the sun had almost set completely. the city shined more brightly against the dark horizon. he heard the girl sigh beside him. "wow... that's gorgeous."

he glanced at her again, her face casted in shadows. she looked vulnerable, her expression sad and longing. kiyami noticed him, and her expression quickly fell. she gave saiki a small smile. "thank you for accompanying me in my dream, strawberry-kun. it gets a little lonely sometimes."

"saiki." he corrected, almost automatically. she giggled at that but didn't repeat herself. "you said it gets lonely. how so?" he asked, curious. he had nothing better to do in this dream anyways, so might as well get to know her.

kiyami's smile, surprisingly, didn't fade and she nodded her head. "i don't have many people who i can call friends. they use me, i know that, but..." she trails off. saiki, who was listening attentively, nods at her to continue her sentence.

she sighs again. "but there's no one else who will talk to me. it's lonely." she repeated, gazing off at the setting sun. the horizon was getting darker by the minute, bathing them in the last dying light of the sun. saiki mulled over the girl's words. he felt like he could understand them, although his situation was different.

"you can always talk to me." he said, following her gaze. she laughed, a laugh laced with disbelief.

"but you're not real."

** hehe second chapter ig. im sorry theyre so short.. cause i genuinely dont know where im going w these chapters. im sorry,,, pls bare w me.