Intro

My name is Rhea Kimura. I live with my children in a nice cottage in the woods. The next city is about half an hour away. I haven't always lived here. I used to live in a house in the city. After my husband left this world, I decided to take the children with me and start new. My daughter Fina and her brother Takao are both 7 years old. Together we live a peaceful and happy life. The children play outside and explore. It makes me happy to see them go out and have fun.
But it wasn't always this peaceful.

.................

On a warm summer evening we were sitting around a campfire. My kids just made smores. I listened to the sounds of nature and to the cracking of the fire. Fina and Takao told me about their adventure in the woods. Both of them have a lot of imagination. After a while we started to make up stories. Stories about knights in shining armor and monsters. They both loved the idea of knights fighting against dragons and other monsters. We all laughed and had a good time. But there was something that Fina and Takao never knew. My childhood. I never told them where I lived and what I did. But right now wasn't a good time to tell. My childhood was definitely not a normal one. I will tell them when the time is right.

For a few minutes I just stared into the fire. Fina seemed to notice that. ,,Mother are you alright?" Immediately i snapped out of it and looked at my daughter. ,,Yes. I was just thinking about some things" Fina smilled at me and went back to her brother. Not long after the fire got smaller and so we decided to put it out. Takao brought me a bucket filled with water. The water extinguished the fire. My children ran back inside and i followed shortly after them. Both of them were already changed and ready for bed. Fina was the first one to jump into the bed. I pulled the blanket over her and kissed her forehead. I did the same to Takao. ,,Sweet dreams and good night." Both of them smiled at me before they fell asleep. I left the room and also got ready for bed.