Answer My Question!: Issue 5

Kai: Hello Slade. Will I still be going to my old school?

Slade: If you want to, but I suggest homeschooling. It would give us more time to do what Stick said.

Ms.Margaret: What did Stick say?

Slade: Parent-child bonding. He was talking about how much Matt and him have become like a real father and son.

Ms.Margaret: Really?!

Slade: Yeah.

Ms.Margaret: That's amazing!

Slade: Alright come on Kai.

Kai and Slade walk out of the building. Then Kai gets in Slade's car with him.

Kai: The only reason I didn't lash out was because you mentioned Stick.

Slade: I'm your new sensei, kid, and I have a lot to teach you.

Kai:...

They get to Slades' huge house. Then they walk in.

Slade: It's time to give you the tour, kid.

They start walking around.

Slades: That's my bedroom. So you won't be going in there. Then that's your bedroom. That's my secret special room, and this is the room you'll be in the most.

They walk into the room. There are a lot of weights, and other things for working out.

Slade: It's time for some conditioning, and some hardcore training over the next two days so I can take data.

Kai: Alright, where do I begin.

Kai runs on the treadmill until he gets tired.

Slade: Alright, that's good. Now we are going to be testing how much you can do when you're tired.

Slade makes him lift the heaviest weights that Kai can manage, and writes down how he did.

Slade: Alright, now that we have tested your tired statistics. I need you to go rest in your room for a while until your good again. Then we will do another test to see what the difference is.

Kai goes into his room, and lays down on the bed.

Kai(in head): this is going to be the hardest training I will ever have to do in my life, and I don't even trust the gut training me. How do I know he's even a good person? In my life I have learned not to trust people, people are all bad, and people can be good. What the hell am I supposed to believe?

Kai falls asleep thinking about his life. Then Kai wakes up to an extremely loud alarm clock.

Slade: It's time to get up, kid.

Kai gets up, and follows Slade to the weight room. Slade splashes water on Kai's face.

Kai: What the hell!?

Slade: Wake up!

Kai: I'm up!

Kai starts doing some workout routines. He starts lifting a bunch of weights. While Slade takes data. Eventually after a few hours...

Slade: That's it, kid. Tomorrow we will start really physical training, but it's time for dinner.

They sit down, and start eating. They are eating steak and fries.

Kai:...

Slade: Well?

Kai: Thank you for the food.