The Family: VI

Jimin was having a relaxing morning at home in Daejeon. Truth be told, he missed his husband, but he understood that Jeongguk needed to spend time with his brother and parents. He knew that it was difficult enough for the boy to spend years away from them, never interacting except over the phone and Jimin wanted to be as supportive as he could when Jeongguk decided to go back home and be present for his brother's birthday.

          Although the couple spoke about Jimin meeting Jeongguk's family often over the course of the five years they were together, it always resulted back in both parties enjoying the excitement of having such big secrets and they never put any action to their thoughts.

          Jimin gracefully hurried upstairs in one of Jeongguk's large dress shirts when he heard his cell phone ringing on the nightstand, and answered it happily when he entered the spacious bedroom.

          "Yes, Jeonggukie-ah?" The smile on Jimin's face was beyond sparkling. He loved their phone calls whenever they were apart, and this was only the first one of the day.

          "How do you know it's me every time?" Jeongguk questioned, flipping through the pages of the book that was sat on his lap, not bothering to actually read any of the words that flew by. "I try to call at different times every day to surprise you."

          "But you seem to forget that I can sense you. Ever since we met, your presence has worn off on me."

          "Just wait until I get back and I'll give you a few more senses to grow familiar with."

          Jimin giggled, having no doubts that Jeongguk would come through and deliver. He always did.  "So how was Taehyung's reaction to Namjoon?"

          "Priceless, as expected." Jeongguk sighed and licked his lips. "He's never looked at me the way he looks at Namjoon."

          "That's because he's your brother and he's not in love with you, you adorable doof."

          "Yeah, but that's not what I mean. Namjoon has always been his hero, and I've never been. What does that say about how good of a brother I am?"

          "Nothing," Jimin said. "Taehyung's feelings towards Namjoon have nothing to do with the way he looks up to you. He loves you."

          On the other end of the line, Jeongguk was quietly leaving his parents' living room and making his way into his childhood bedroom so that he wouldn't be overheard. "Anyway, how's Hyun?"

          Jimin stood up from where he had fallen onto the bed and strolled over to the crib that was stood up next to it. He leaned over the side and watched as their seven month old son slept soundly. "Hyunnie is perfectly fine...but he misses you already. I miss you."

          Jeongguk's heart ached. "I miss you both so much more. I promise, I'll be home before you know it."