His Comeback

"Jong Suk-sshi, Jong Suk-sshi- "

It's been so long. I almost forgot how these things go.

"Look here, Jong Suk-sshi!"

Where is it? Oh, there. Newsen.

"Smile please, Jong Suk-sshi!"

Naver. Okay, here we go.

"This way, Jong Suk-sshi!"

Ah, Dispatch. I should look good on this one.

I've only been out of the camp for twenty minutes and yet, I feel exhausted.

I look around the people carrying all kinds of gadgets, all gathered to welcome me back.

Thing is, I don't feel warmth at all.

"Thank you to everyone who came here to show your support for me. Two years have been a long wait but your words of encouragement and continuous patience had become my source of strength inside the military."

I struggle to remember what my company had prepared for me. You see, eloquence has never been my strongest suit.

"What's that?"

She asked me, eying the piece of paper in my hand.

"This?" I crumpled it quickly. "Just a little something in case, you know, we win."

"Why? You have a thousand people to thank?"

"It's not that. It's just... I don't really know how to speak in this type of event. You know that right?"

"Aigoo... what kind of speech do you need? You just smile that blinding smile of yours and they won't even remember anything else."

She reached out and massaged my palm under the table.

"If you get too nervous, just send me a signal. I'll back you up."

I smiled at her. She really knew how to calm my nerves.

"Relax, Jong Suk-ah. Fighting!"

She winked as she placed my hand in my lap.

"And for god sake, don't forget to call me noona."

I shake my head back to reality. For a while, I didn't want to come back.

"I'm sorry. I just remembered something."

I wipe the sweat that formed in my forehead.

"For awhile there we thought you dozed off or something." A reporter from Nate joked.

"I'm afraid I'm not used to this anymore. Being away for two years has got me rusty."

Laughter fills the area. Somehow, I was able to get through my speech deficiency through the years.

But there are times I pray that I'm back in 2016.

Like right now.

"What did you miss most when you were inside the camp?"

Her.

But of course, I can't say that.

"Doing dramas. I miss working with my fellow actors and making new memories together."

I really miss working with her.

"Who do you want work with on your comeback drama?"

Can I say it?

"There are rumors that there's a standing offer for you to work with Song Hye Kyo. Will this be your comeback drama?"

"There are offers but I haven't reviewed them yet. I want to take time in choosing my comeback project."

"What about Kwon Nara?"

My head shot up to the reporter who spoke.

"What about her?"

Everyone hushed, anticipating the next words.

"What can you say about the rumors of Kwon Nara leaving your agency after only a year? Is it true that the two of you have broken up?"

Should have seen this one coming. I signal for my manager to cut the dialogue.

"Our apologies but we have to cut short this event. Jong Suk-sshi has a prior event to attend to."

My guards quickly assist me outside of the venue. I feel my head ache violently.

"You're having it again, huh?"

Her wary face appeared in front of me.

"What are you still doing here, Hyo Joo-ah? You finished filming, right?"

"I'll wait for you to finish." She said as she sat beside me. "Do I make you uncomfortable?"

"No." I smiled at her as I sit up.

She cups my head and gently placed it on her shoulder.

"Come. Let me help you." She said as she massaged my temples.

I closed my eyes and savor the touch of her skin. She knew how to make me feel better.

"Hyo Joo-ah..."

"It's noona."

I smiled as I can already see her nose scrunching.

"Hyo Joo-ah.."

I look out of the window and sigh. Lately, I've been thinking of her a lot. Even if I was assigned to Public Service and had the freedom to go out, I still wasn't able to see her. She has been abroad for two years now, completing her foreign projects.

Even when I tried to put my attention on something else, her memories still lingered once in awhile.

Even when I tried to find happiness with someone else, her face still appeared each time.

Kwon Nara. I feel guilt just hearing her name.

"Hyung, about Nara-sshi. Can you release a statement about how she amicably parted ways with our agency?"

"Alright. What about the break up rumors? Are we going to address it?"

We should. It's the least that I can do.

"Confirm that we broke up after dating for a year, that it was a mutual decision and we have parted ways in good terms."

"Understood."

My brother looks at me for a moment.

"Yes?" I ask. It seems he wants to say something more.

"I'm just surprised you want to address it now. The dating rumors, I mean."

"It's just right. I denied her before when we dated and made her look delusional to my fans. It's the least I can do for her."

He smiles. "That's it?"

I know that smile. "Is there anything else?"

"Oh. I thought you already heard." He says, his eyes on the road. "Kang Dong Won is single now."

I try to hide the smile that's about to break out.

"I'm not interested in Kang Dong Won's affairs."

His smile widens.

"I'm sure you're not."

I turn my attention to the window. Outside, the first snow falls.

Winter has come, our favorite season.

I wonder how she is right now.