Chapter 1 - Happy

Everything had finally fallen into place in the Gupta family. Muskaan and Ishaan are happily married and have been blessed with healthy twins. A baby girl and a baby boy who are two years old. Maryam who is a little copy of her mother and Sameer who is the perfect image of his father. With Vaani they are a big and happy family.

Another usual day approached. Muskaan woke up with a smile on her face. After all she had been through she was finally happy, because her reality turned out to be better than her dreams. She turned over to face Ishaan.
"Good morning sleepy head."

"Good morning beautiful." He replied still a little tired. Muskaan blushed a little. He always managed to make her blush. It was time for her to get out of bed and face the day, no matter how much she would've loved to just lay in bed all day next to him. She stood up and went to her wardrobe. She took out a pair of pants and a yellow pullover. It was winter, her least favorite season. Muskaan hated the cold, but adored the snow and the holiday season which made her bare the cold a little more. So maybe she didn't mind it that much after all. She went to the bathroom brushed her teeth, her hair and changed out of her pyjama into the outfit she chose and went back.

"I'll get the twins ready while you get ready!"

"Okay, thank you love." Ishaan said and went to get ready. Muskaan walked over to the twins room and wished both of them a good morning with a kiss on their cheeks. Maryam as well as Sameer were already wide awake and as usual very cheerful.
"Morning mama" both said at the same time. With two year old twins you for sure had a lot of work to do, but Muskaan couldn't be any happier. Muskaan picked them both up and changed their outfits and got them ready for the day. A bit later Ishaan joined them. The twins ran towards him and hugged him.

"Someone's very happy today." He laughed and hugged them back.

"Very happy indeed." Muskaan smiled.

"Okay but how about we get some breakfast?"

"Sounds perfect to me!" Muskaan picked up Maryam and went downstairs. So did Ishaan with Sameer. They both seated the kids into their chairs and went into the kitchen.

"Can I help you?"

"No thanks, I'll be alright, you can take care of the twins."

"Alright then." Ishaan smiled and went back to take care of the kids. Meanwhile Muskaan started preparing breakfast for her and the children. Eventually Vaani decided to join them too.

"Good morning dad, Mary and Sam" She said to everyone.

"Good morning, lucky for you it's Sunday else you would've missed your classes." He laughed.

"I'm really no morning person." She giggled. Vaani joined Muskaan in the kitchen.

"Morning Maa." She said while helping her set the table.

"Morning sweetie." It was weird for Muskaan to hear her say mom to her, but she kind of grew fond of it. Not that she wanted to replace her sister, but she was still glad she accepted her and her relationship with her father. They finished setting the table and began eating breakfast. After they finished eating they cleaned the table.

"So is everyone ready to go to the park?" Ishaan asked.

"Yes!" Sameer said excited.

"Yes let me grab my coat real quick and we can go." Vaani said while rushing to her room to grab her coat. Muskaan helped the twins to put on their coats and gloves and hats while they waited for Vaani. Vaani quickly joined them again and they were ready to go.
They walked to the park.

"Mommy snowy!"

"Yes angel it's snowy!" Muskaan smiled at Maryam. They arrived at the park and let the twins play. Ishaan and Muskaan sat down on a bench and watched Vaani and the little ones play.

"Muskaan?"

"Yes?"

"I forgot to tell you something."

"What is it?" She asked him curiously.

"Remember a week ago I mentioned something about a big project coming up?"

"Yes I remember."

"Well apparently the company will send one of their employees to me tomorrow so we can sort things out and become potential partners."

"Oh I understand, so a new business partner?"

"Yes, I haven't met him or her yet, so I don't know who I'll be working with."

"Oh interesting, do you want me to go out with the children?"

"No not necessarily, I'll just go into my office, that way you could meet them too."

"If you like okay then." She smiled and put her head on his shoulder. Muskaan thought quietly for a while. She was in no way the jealous type, but secretly still wished his business partner is going to be a man.