Family Line of Lies

Mackenzie's P.O.V.

        I was at home, playing on my laptop. I get dismissed 30 minutes earlier than the big girls, which is always fun because I can stretch my legs out on the large bed me and Maddie share. I can also play on their phones, since they are not allowed to bring them to school. I know Paige's password, so I read through her texts to find out things they've been keeping from me. I find out that Chloe has a boyfriend, Nick likes Maddie, Nia is coming over on friday, Paige is getting Chloe a fuzzy phone case for Christmas, and Kendall know A LOT of naughty words. 

        I here the door slam, so the big girls must be home. Brooke and Madz run upstairs, and Maddie flops on the bed. Chloe and Paige are talking to Mom about some family tree report or whatever. Maddie flops on the bed. 

        "So, " I say, dropping Paigey's phone. "You and Nick, huh?"

        Before she can reply, I hear a scream.

Brooke's P.O.V.

 There's an air vent in the corner of my room, and I like to lay down next to it and listen. Today, walking home, Chlo and Paige already seemed irritated, so I decided today was a perfect day to listen. I put My ear Up to the vent.

Chloe: Mom, Me and Paige have to do a project on family history...

Paige's P.O.V.

        as soon as Chloe popped the question, our mom seemed nervous. 

        Um, Honey, sit down." she said. We both sat.

        "There's something I've been meaning to tell you. about 13 years ago, I was about to give birth to twins. When the time came, The doctors told me one had a serious minor health issue. But they said she would need to be sent to a place that takes care of children with physical disabilities. I named her Jordyn, and then they took her away. The other one, I named Paige."

silence.

        "Then the doctors told me that another baby had been born at the same time, and her mother died right after naming her Chloe. They gave me legal care of both of you, and I took you home. Four months later, Your Father died.