2

CANDY

It is a normal routine for me to leave the hideout at dawn before the sun came out. Apart from living the life of an assassin, I also live a normal life. You could say I'm somehow like batman. I had my own house far away from the hideout were I could have a peaceful and serene atmosphere. I got to my house which was simply no complex architecture, just simple and welcoming.

I went straight to my bedroom and set out my attire for work, A casual v neck cuffed sleeves solid chiffon top with black jeans and heels. My job wasn't anything that required a professional look, just an attire to be able to move freely in.

After watching the sunrise which I never miss, I head to the bathroom and have a quick bath and finish the whole process by ending up in my attire with my hair in a high ponytail. I grabbed the needed necessities and head off to work.

I worked at a café, La Rose Blanc, the most renowned one, where the richest in the town come and we serve only the best. My boss, Jake Cruzeiro was known and loved by all his employees.

You see most bosses who've achieved a lot are mostly hot-tempered people but not him, he was the kindest and most understanding person I've ever known and he was good looking too. Like really good looking.

I checked in before grabbing my apron and adjusting it. The early morning rush hours had started, the place became full with a blink of an eye, queues became an unending line.

Thank goodness I was a waitress in the morning and had behind the cashier in the afternoon. The smell of freshly brewed coffee flowed in the air, followed by the delicious aroma of the mouth-watering pastries. I took the orders and handled them easily with a smile.

"Hey, Elle" Jake my boss called out to me.

"I need you to take two or more orders at the same time, it seems as though this rush hour may not end now. "

"Sure thing" I replied back.

I actually enjoyed my job, it was the only thing that gave me hope that I'm living for something. I know its stupid but that's what I believe.

I balanced all three trays, placing each on the customers' table. That was so easy.

"What's this? I didn't order for a cappuccino..."

I guess I spoke too soon. I walked to where the voice erupted from. This was something I hated dealing with. Overbearing customers.

"Who delivered this to me?"

I cleared my throat before answering, "That would be me."

His attention moved fully to me. He had coal-black eyes that reminded me of total darkness and he had slightly visible dimples that were showing in his frown, his hair had this kind of relaxed primed look those good looking men had.

I couldn't really get a full and clear look of his physique since he was seated but what attracted me to him was this mysterious and dangerous aura he had around him.

"Is there something wrong with your order, sir?"

"Yes. This isn't what I ordered for and if I clearly remember I ordered an expresso, not this. Do you know the implications of what could have happened if I fully drank this coffee" he said sternly raising his voice a little, this guy is somehow dramatic, it was just a simple mistake.

"Look, Mister, it was just a simple mistake and what's the huge deal with you just drinking the wrong order? You should even be grateful I even brought your order" I said a little bit pissed.

"Just a simple mistake, you don't know who you're messing with?"

"I think I've had enough of your lose temper, mister," I said through gritted teeth.

Jake saw the whole scene and appeared beside me.

"I'm sorry Mr. Jarheem for the mix-up, we'll get you a new drink and hand you back your money."

He apologized, "On behalf of my worker, I'm very sorry. "

What, why did he apologize? It was just a simple stupid mistake. It was no big deal.

"Mr. Cruzeiro, I accept your apology and as for you..." he turned to me, giving me a blunt look," you'll be hearing from my lawyer."

He walked out of the café with me going to the restricted area used my only workers.

"Elle, my office now" Jake motioned for me to follow him.

"Sit"

He was about to speak when I spoke up.

"I'm really sorry Jake, it's my fault. I would understand if you reprimanded me"

"Its okay Elle, mistakes happen and you were just unfortunate that nature made you pick Mr. Jarheem. I'm sorry about that."

"Why? What's so special about him anyway?"

"Mr. Jarheem is the owner of Jarheem Enterprise, he's the wealthiest man in this city and he stops at nothing to achieve what he wants."

Great going Elle, now you've got a rich businessman on your tail, great going.

"Take the day off and don't be bothered about him."

I just nodded and left. I placed my apron at its rightful place before stepping out. I made my way to the only place I knew I could find connect with myself.

~

I sat on the bench as I looked around, the floral park didn't have its usual number of visitors, it was just a few teenagers and grown-ups who were here but it was peaceful enough to think.

A lot has gone of these past few years from changing my identity to being who I am today. I thought maybe doing what I do would bring me joy and happiness but it hasn't, all it has given me is a wicked, evil and murderous soul. It taught me how to kill which I don't enjoy but if I don't do it, bad things will just happen to those I hope are still alive.

My name is Candy Isabelle Sanders but the real world knows me as Elle Brook. I'm a 23year old black American with black fluffy curly hair and I'm 5'6, you could say I had a body of a model which people admired a lot but that didn't flatter me.

I guess you're wondering how did I enter a life like this, well it all started that blissful Friday night...

*********************************
This chapter continues in Chapter Three.

Love, Elseli.