Chapter Twenty Two : The Truth

McKenzie's POV

We go inside and call out for anyone.We shine the flashlight everywhere but there's no one.I don't get it...did they leave us here to die?

"I don't get it... there's no one here."I say.

"No... Kenzy ,they want us to find something.If they wanted to kill us...we would be dead already.There has got to be something that's missing."he replies.We both think for a long time until his eyes widen.

"I got it.Look at this place, Kenzy.They said that a person is here... they did not say where and how the person is.The person could be buried here for all we know."

"They said we should bring the person outside."

"Yes,but he didn't say alive or dead.That is what the bucket is for.We have to put the bones inside and bring it outside.I suggest that we start digging.Split up and dig.Tell me when you find something."

I starting digging.Theres some dried leaves where I'm digging and I feel something.I start pulling at it and when I pull it up, I  see it's a really dirty ring.I wipe it on my clothes and look at the ring. I have seen this ring somewhere...Oh my God ...its my father's ring ...the one in the wedding pictures ...they wanted me to find my father's remains...I feel tears fill up in my eyes.

"Eric,t-the remains are here.These are my f-fathers remains.I found his wedding ring."He runs and gives me a hug.After he consoles me,he digs up and puts the remains in the bucket...