Chapter One

Haley's Point of View.

"Mommy, do I really have to go with dad? He does not have the things I like, and I always must use my earplugs because he is being loud with one of his two lady friends and I also do not like that you are alone. I miss you." Says Jasper while I pack his Paw Patrol bag with the designated clothes whenever he goes to his dad. I also pack his hygiene items, Great Gatsby book and dinosaurs' book. My son is barely 5 years old, but he is very smart and careful of his personal image. He is kind and just a nice kid. I love him so much.

After zipping up his bag, I lay down on Jasper's bed, he immediately puts on top of me and I just put my hand to his face and watch him. Who would believe that when he was 3 months old, he had an open-heart surgery and almost died? Jasper has so much vitality in his body, strength and pours out love from his hazel colored eyes that he inherited from his dad if it weren't for the shape of his eyes, nose and ears, Jasper would be the spitting image of his dad. He has black hair and the most beautiful smile and dimple of the planet. I am already dreading the moment he starts dating, many women will want him, and none will be enough for him.

Jasper starts jumping up and down to bring me back because he knows I get watery eyes when I think of him getting older, I smile at him and say "Munchkin, your dad has the right to see you. Yes, he is not the most organized, reliable, or responsible, but he is trying to be there for you. I know that your grandma told you that he beat me up and said so many bad things about you when you were a baby but you have to think that he is paying for his mistakes now. He loses his lady friends often, he has a job but I have to pay for his rent and help him with groceries so please, be nice and caring to your dad at least to practice your empathy and good heart, okay?"

My son hugs me tight and I just smile because he prefers me. I know it was a dick move to tell Jasper to treat his father like a pity case, but I am trying to be as nice as possible. Michael is a total asshole, he is 34 years old and cannot keep a job because he gets bored and quits, his biggest dream is to become a Youtuber playing videogames and he has faith that the pathetic little band he is in, is going to magically become successful after almost 8 years of still being unknown. Now that I am no longer in love of Michael, I realize that the only reason why I got involved with him was because of his good looks and my lack of self-love and respect. I don't like the fact that he had to beat me up black and blue, cheat on me and steal 10 thousand dollars from me so I could realize that he is good for nothing asshole but I don't regret being with him because Jasper exists and he makes everything worth it.

I was starting to fall asleep just like Jasper had when my phone starts ringing, and it is Darth Vader's intro song and that means Michael. I hear Jasper's groan and I chuckle while I remove him from on top of me. I take out my phone from my pocket then without letting Michael say one word, I answer and say "The new password for the elevator is 6753. Go straight to my office and there Clarisse will give you the 600 for rent and 300 for groceries. We will be there right after you finish with the drug test. You passed the last one, congrats."

I hang up and while Jasper picks up his jacket, I pick up his bag and wait for him at the door. Jasper gives one last glance to his room before exiting. He is a little king of drama, but I do not blame him. Every weekend he goes to his dad, his clothes end up messy, his father doesn't cook, he has to be constantly reminding him about taking a shower and that he needs to sleep because if it were for Michael, he would stay all fucking day and night playing videogames. I thank God that I asked chef Gustavo to deliver breakfast, lunch and dinner for every weekend Jasper stays with his dad and that I sent Carmela to clean up the apartment. My poor son would be living with the rats if I let his father do the cleaning.

We start going down the stairs and just when we get to the first floor, I hear Michael's voice being raised at the office, Jasper and I both roll our eyes and walk towards the office and there I see Clarisse with an exasperate look on her face and since Michael hadn't turned around, we heard him yell at her "You fucking cunt, I am telling you to write me a check for more money because I need to pay child support for Violet and Maddox. Haley will not be bothered for 4 thousand dollars less; she earns that amount in hours with her translations. I am the father of Jasper; You need to do as I say."