Prologue

"Breaking News! The well-known duet partners Gon Freeccs and Killua Zoldyck are declared missing! Gon Freecss, who has been growing popularity since working beside Killua Zoldyck, was last seen three days ago in Zaban City on May 5th, where he and Killua last performed. The Zoldyck family has offered one million dollars for any information on where Killua Zoldyck might be."

Killua muted the car radio.

"I didn't expect them to realize so quickly." Gon muttered with a hint of aggravation.

Killua hummed in response.

The open plains were hypnotic by the way they rolled as they drove through the desolated part of the country. They've been driving for at least a day by now. The only breaks that they took were simply stops at gas stations in the smaller towns. Gon was the only one who had his license, so he was the driver. But that didn't matter, because the second they were recognized, Killua would be sent home only never to see Gon again.

The only person Gon told about their escape was his Aunt Mito, who was his primary caregiver. He didn't want her to worry if he was dead, and writing letters or sending emails were too risky, according to Killua. Their friends have probably figured it out. As much as they tried to hide it, their romantic feelings towards one another started to become evident near the end.

Gon found it surprising how everything even led up to this—one extraordinary event after another. I guess life is one big adventure.

Gon watched Killua through the car mirror. His face held a peaceful look as he silently looked through the glass of the car window. The air conditioner weakly blew at some of the small bleach white hairs around his face. Gon's heart warmed up just at the sight of his lover. As long as he has Killua, he can take whatever life throws at him, whether it's big or small. After all, life really is just one big adventure.