7: Shattered Soft Heart

Date Published: 04/20/20

Jimin hugs his favorite toy tightly. It's a brown female teddy bear with a huge red bow on the top of its head. It also has a red bow wrapped around its neck. Its paws are shaped into a heart, and the lighter furry part on the stomach is also a heart. The teddy bear also has a pacifier in its mouth, but it cannot be taken off.

This bear is gifted to Jimin by Namjoon on Jimin's birthday when Jimin was just getting into Y/n. Jimin wrote Y/n's name on the bear's tag to tell him every time about which person reminds him of the toy. And he loves to hug it, perfume it with what his teacher smells like (he thinks it's weird that he did that, but he kept doing it because he likes to feel closer to her), and just sleep with it in his arms.

Back then, he'd always walk around the house with the teddy bear, but only when his parents aren't home. He still does but not often because he thinks he's weird for bringing a teddy bear around. And because he's not a kid, he told himself. However, when he's scared, alone, and thinking about scary things, he brings the bear with him.

But tonight, he openly brings it to Namjoon's room, where the rest of the boys are gathered to play board games.

Note that this is day 2 of their vacation at *** Resort.

"You really like that teddy bear, huh, Jimin?" Namjoon smiles at Jimin, looking at the small boy as though he is a baby. Namjoon couldn't resist ruffling Jimin's soft orange hair, then.

"Yes," Jimin giggles, hugging his cuddly bear tighter. "It's so soft and cute."

"Can I hug it, too?" Jungkook sits next to Jimin.

Namjoon gazes at Jungkook as if he saw another baby. Jungkook's oversized clothes really make him look small, too.

"No." Jimin turns his body away, with the bear, from Jungkook, greedy and childish.

"Why not?" Jungkook pouts.

Jin puts down his bowl of dumplings. "Didn't he name that bear 'Y/n?' You can't expect a man to share what he holds dear to his heart."

"And he says he's not a kid. Hmm," Taehyung rubs his chin, his long black bangs almost covering his vision.

Jungkook caresses Jimin's teddy bear with two of his fingers. Surprisingly, Jimin let him touch it. Taehyung joins, in which Hoseok gives them all a hug, an unforgettable loving smile on his face.

"All right, let's get playing before we have to go back to our rooms," Yoongi announces.

An hour passes. Two hours pass. And then they had to leave because it was getting late. Jimin asks his big brother to go to the first floor with him to visit the café. He's craving for a slice of cake. Maybe angel food cake, red velvet cake, pound cake, or cookies and cream cake. He saw them all earlier.

And so the two go down, taking the elevator.

Jimin walks out of the elevator with the teddy bear in his arms, Hoseok beside him, both their bright orange hair shining under the lights. They smell the fresh air since the entrance doors of the hotel are open.

As the two neared the café, which is located at the east of the building, Jimin scans the people inside, hoping to see Y/n. The walls of the café are glass, so he can peep in easily.

His eyesight is not the best, but when he and Hoseok entered the place, the glass doors slowly closing behind them, he quickly searches.

That familiar hair and head shape of a woman catches his eyes, although a man who also seems familiar catch his eyes, too.