Prologue

"Amelia, we have to send you somewhere abroad." My mom said as I saw her packing some of my stuff away. I watched her, clueless, at the entrance of the door of my room.

"Where are you sending me, mom?" I asked.

"You're staying with your father. He's picking you up later and he'll tell you where he'll take you." She explained, still unfazed about what she's doing.

I watched her. If there's something she decided, I can't make any other decisions opposing it.

"Are you coming with me, mom?" I asked. She stopped from whatever she is and closed my half-ready luggage. She stood up and approached me.

She put her hands on my shoulders as she pressed on it a bit. "You're old enough to get me, honey. But today, please just understand me." She started crying.

My eyebrows knitted together as I put my hands on top of hers. "Of course.. I'll understand you, mom." I reassured her although my voice started feeling shaky.

A knock on the door was suddenly heard and I felt my mother shudder in surprise. She quickly wiped her tears and left me standing on my place. She comes back seconds after, with my father with her side.

The father who I haven't seen since I was 7. And now he's standing in front of me as if those years that he left me behind didn't anger me.

"Let's go." He said as he entered my room and grabbed my stuff. I was bewildered. I looked at my mom to see if she's going to give me answers but she just looked away.

"Let's go." My father repeated, much stricter this time which made me move on my feet a few inches away from where I was standing.

"Mom.." I called out one last time for her but it just seems as if she was ignoring me. I watch as she cried in the corner.

My father grabbed my arm, tight enough to pull me effortlessly away from the room. When we got to the car and he already locked the door, that's when I snapped.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

He smirked, clutching the wheel as tight as such.

I saw my mother standing at the doorway, she waved goodbye at me with the saddest smile plastered on her face.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked once again without leaving my mother out of sight.

"I'm taking you away from that bitch."

---

JennesseSamson Itsjenesi loveyou!