3

It's already 9'o clock in the evening. Many customers, mostly rude students, came to the store a while ago. It was their dismissal time and my coworker already reminded me of the students that usually arrived here.

I was completely bummed until now because they carelessly spilled all the freaking slushie. My coworker entered the store as she brought a container of my favorite lasagna of hers that same time as I was mopping the sticky floor.

So, as I sat down here at the counter, waiting for new customers, I prowled down on the lasagna hungrily since my last meal was this morning with Kingston.

Speaking of Kingston, I know that I told him that I'd eat what he bought for me but I have this little part of me that hoped that he would show up. Not because I miss him but because I still feel really bad that he bought things for me.

At the end, I finished my lasagna without seeing him and any other customer. I decided that I'd close earlier that night.

I packed my things and put them neatly in a corner. I went back to the corner and decided to just count the money we earned that day. I opened the register and counted which in total, we had 399.12 dollars.

Not bad, the rude students weren't mistaken when they decided to feast a lot.

As I crouched down to try and fix anything that I found was messy to pass the time, my eyes caught the plastic bag. It was the one that Kingston bought for me and I contemplated whether I want to eat it or not.

At the end, yes, I do want to eat it because I'm a hungry 18 convenience store worker. I took the instant spicy ramen and the mozarella and fixed my food.

I put hot water and decided to put it on the microwave to heat it up more and melt the cheese.

My mouth watered a lot as I watch the ramen cook inside the microwave. After a torture-ful of 4 minutes, my ramen is already done and I immediately took it and dashed to one of the tables.

I grabbed a fork from the counter and paid for a slushie and enjoyed my meal.

I was playing with my phone and chewing on the cheese when I heard the bell from the door ring, indicating that there was a customer. Ugh.

I didn't look up and just placed the phone down on the table as I ran to the counter. When I took a good look to the customer, it was just Kingston.

I felt a secondhand embarrassment take over me as I realized that I probably looked stupid running to the counter and almost tripping.

"Oh, it's just you." I said.

He looked at my table before he grabbed my phone. He walked towards the counter as he placed it down. He wore a small smile on his face as he raised his eyes to meet mine.

He scrunched his nose. "You know that if I were a bad guy, you'll lose this immediately, right?" He asked.

"Well.. You aren't one, are you?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows.

His smile turned into a sly smirk before I see him plant his palm directly on my phone. My eyes widened as I feared that I asked the wrong question. My mouth went ajar when he used his free hand and seem to get something from his back pocket.

I took a step back before I know that he took out a finger gun and pointed it right at me. "Pew pew." He said before bursting the loudest laugh I've ever heard.

I felt my cheeks flush a tint of red as I recall how an idiot I was to actually think that he had a gun.

"You should have seen you face. HAHA! oh my gosh, fuck!" He blurted out as he clutched his stomach and crouched down. I tried to act unbothered and crossed my arms to my chest.