Chapter One

Elizabeth woke up she looked around her room and laid back down

Elizabeth woke up she looked around her room and laid back down.  She had no plans of getting up this is what she's done all summer, laid in bed and stared at the ceiling.  Elena walked into the room sighing at her sister. 

"Ellie," she softly called to her, only to receive a blank stare.

"We have school Elle," Elena tried again sitting on her bed.  Elizabeth wanted to talk but her eyes kept welling up with tears.  Elena looked at her sister and her heart broke. 

"Come here," she spoke opening her arms.  Elizabeth was quick to climb in to them to hug her sister. 

"Elizabeth I know you don't wanna hear this but it's been four months we have to move on."  And with those words Elizabeth was out of Elena's arms glaring at her. 

Elizabeth was about to say something but then shook her head deciding to simply walk away from Elena. 

Elena looked around the room to see all of the framed basketball posters that hung around the room were now all leaning against the wall in a corner.  Elena walked to Elizabeth's closet to see all of jerseys she had collected were shoved in a cardboard box. 

Elizabeth walked out of the bathroom after her shower to see Elena looking around the room. 

"It's not in here," Elizabeth said startling Elena.

"What are you talking about?" Elena asked. 

"The box the lawyer gave me."  Elizabeth answered grabbing a pair of sweatpants.

"What did you do with it?" Elena asked.

"I gave it to Jenna, I didn't want to see what was in it." Elena nodded leaving the room feeling heartbroken for her sister.  Elizabeth continued to change into sweatpants and a sweatshirt.  She slipped on her socks and pulled her hair into a messy bun.  Once she thought to looked 'presentable' she slumped down the stairs to see Elena talking to Jenna.

"Hey Lizzie," Jenna said cheerfully.

"Don't call me that," Elizabeth said gruffly.  Jenna frowned and looked to Elena who looked at her with sympathy.  Elizabeth slid her feet into her white Crocs and walked out the door to see Bonnie's car.  Elizabeth threw her bag into the backseat and sat down looking at her feet.

"Hey! Liza!" She chirped looking at the sad girl.

"Hey Bon Bon," Elizabeth said with a light smile, making Bonnie smile wider.  Elena entered the front seat greeting Bonnie while Elizabeth went to another world.  A world where her parents were still alive, a world where she stilled played, a world where she was happy...

~~~

"Major lack of male real estate. Look at the shower curtain on Kelly Beech. She looks like a hot- can I still say 'tranny mess'?" Bonnie asked as they exited her car.