Chapter Two

Elizabeth was in her room getting ready

Elizabeth was in her room getting ready. She dug through her closet wanting to look nice today. She just now realized she doesn't own a pair of pants that aren't sweatpants. Groaning she chose a light gray pair of Nike cuffed sweatpants.

Now she had to find a shirt to put with it to look decent. 'This is so much trouble,' She thought to herself, 'You never tried to look nice for Tyler.' A voice in her head said. 'Stefan's different, I feel different with him. He's special.' She responded to herself, 'Maybe I should ask Elena for a pair of jeans?' 'No are you stupid? Then he'll know you're trying, you don't wanna look desperate.'

Elizabeth sighed to herself grabbing a white cropped t-shirt that said 'anti-social.'

Once Elizabeth was dressed and had her hair in a high ponytail, she practically skipped down the stairs.

"Do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?" Jenna asked making Elizabeth snort.

"No," Elizabeth answered her.

"Thanks, Elle," Jenna said rolling her eyes.

Jenna looked back to Elena and pulled her hair up with her hands. "Sexy stewardess," Elena responded, causing Jenna to let her hair down, "Boozy Housewife."

Elizabeth went back upstairs to grab something and Jenna whispered to Elena. "What's up with you two?"

"I feel good which is rare. But whenever Elizabeth seems slightly happy, I always get my hopes up." Elena answered her aunt. "Where is Jeremy?"

"He left early. Something about getting to the wood shop to finish a birdhouse." Jenna said causing Elena to look at her, "There is no work shop, is there?"

"Nope," Elizabeth chirped while walking down the stairs with her back pack making Jenna sigh.

~~~

Elizabeth and Stefan were holding each others gazes. It was almost a game to see who would look away first.

"Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?" Mr. Tanner said making Elizabeth look to the front, losing the game. Just then the bell rung, 'saved by the bell,' Elizabeth thought to herself.

Once they were both free from the class room Stefan grabbed Elizabeth's wrist. "I brought it," Stefan said handing her a book, "Told you."

"'Wuthering Heights' by Ellis Bell. You know, I can't believe she didn't use her real name." Elizabeth said looking at him. Elizabeth didn't read a lot of books, unless they were written by basketball players, or were about basketball players. She had always wanted to read this book though. She just never did, to focused on basketball, but things are different she could read it now.

"All the Bronte sisters used Pseudonyms. It was the time. Female writers weren't very accepted then." Stefan explained to the clueless girl.