10. Two King Legacy

I woke up in the room next to Maliss. Rooms weren't shared until after the wedding. I opened up my window and admired the view. It was a beautiful day.

The town looked refreshed and vibrant, even with damages from the war. Rays from the sun added character to a would be gloomy devastated area. The whole town bustled with excitement and noise.

Nimos scampered over to the window and poked his head out. This time I would have my furry companion while I got ready for the big day. Preparations went fairly similar to the last time I was getting married, however this time I didn't mind the invasive helping. I got to choose how I was dressed.

I still decided to wear a wedding dress and some makeup, but now there was no underlying deception in my wardrobe choices. There wasn't a forced sense of duty from the servants either. They gladly helped out. I could also tell that they received hefty payment and better treatment than the ones in the human castle.

A small handful of the human kingdom was invited as a courteous gesture, but this was no longer simply about the treaty. I was now my own person. I wasn't representing any specific kingdom, except the tiefling kingdom I would be ruling with my lover. We could stand as a beacon of peace for all of Zarish, and not just two kingdoms.

I could hear Maliss getting ready in the room next door, but we still insisted that we wait to see each other until I walk down the aisle. It was the most memorable way to have the groom and groom meeting.

Pennenda and Filyort came to my room and guided me down to where I would be waiting until the wedding began. I asked Pennenda if there was any way that Emily and Nancy could be a part of the wedding party.

She ecstatically answered that it was definitely possible, but we both agreed that they deserved to have a say in their arrival. Pennenda cast the spell that opened up the window to them again. This time they were walking together in a park. They jumped a little, but it didn't scare them nearly as it had the first time we communicated this way.

They both were dying to come. Emily also gladly agreed to being my best woman in the wedding. Nancy could be a groomswoman.

Maliss had already asked Pennenda to be his best woman and one of his tiefling warrior friends to be a groomsman. Filyort was in charge of performing the ceremony.

Once they had accepting the invitation to come, Pennenda cast another spell that opened a portal from where they were on earth to where we were in Zarish. She said: Latrop gnirb sih sdneirf tsuj rof a yad nehw eht gniddew noitarbelec sdne emoh rieht yaw.

They stepped through the portal on their side and entered the room where we all were. I hugged both of them. My hug with Emily was slightly longer than with Nancy, but I knew she understood that I was closer with Emily. They then went to get ready for the wedding while I sat and played with Nimos.

***

Chimes rung loudly, exactly like it did in the previous wedding. Maliss glowed with happiness as I came into view and started my gliding down the aisle. Emily and Nancy held each other's hand, while their pearly white teeth went on display as they instinctively spread huge grins. Filyort kept a regal, serious expression, but his eyes sparkled with joy.

The actual ceremony was short, but what it lacked in the passing of time, it gained with an intense momentous significance. Every aspect of the wedding went smoothly, even Nimos successfully carried the rings down the aisle for us at the appropriate time. There were no dry eyes while we said our vows to each other. They were unprepared and raw, but deep and from the heart.