Chapter Four

The time was 21:03. Ada checked her phone ever so often and it would feel like that current hour did not grow. Naturally, impatience was a great deal in the given moment. Elara and Beta were taking for what seemed like an infinty. 

Although their previous disinterest, Muta, Kosta and Ada had worried so much that it felt to them as anguish. Seeing their names written on the street light could mean many things, but the response of Elara and Beta held a deeper meaning. 

These six names had their own uniqueness and impression. They would usually come up all together in a conversation or devided by two or three- but still there was never seperation when mentioned. An attachment, an alliance, a friednship. Each of them would carry a burden, so heavy, that they wouldn't be able to share it's weight with anyone. But despite that, the group's unity would allow them to sit down for a break, take the pressure of their back, unwind for a while- together. Then at some point, sooner or later they would have to get up again and painfully pull upon their shoulders their concerns. 

Katerina grew up mostly alone. With two parents, who were indifferent to her happiness, she would build her own world, brick by brick. Kat had a brother, who happened to tragically die because of his inconvinience of being somewhere in the wrong time. A while back, a disasterous bus ride took her brother's life, not only his but Mira's- the mother of Luka and Kosta. That lead to the two siblings and Katerina meeting a couple of years before. Not much was shared regarding that topic. Katerina would barely speak of him ever, not only for her own sake, but for Luka and Kosta's as well. If brought up, they would have to relive the moment of hearing the word "dead" in such occassion. The most painful one. All that anyone knew about Kat's brother was his name- Avene and how much older he was- just two years. 

After the incident, Katerina became even more distant to her parents. She would often avoid talking to them, which caused her to think that no matter what she would share with her mom or dad, it wouldn't be taken well. Katerina could never be sure although, because she had never tried.

On the other hand, Luka and Kosta managed to create a stronger attachment to their father. They were in good relations and always felt safe to confide whatever there was with him. Of course, except a few things. 

Ada was brought up in a loving atmosphere, her household was warm and joyful. Her health was her problem. Heart issues that also resulted to a lot of stress, which would affect her state constantly and that would just become a never-ending cycle. Ada took medicine every morning and night, that were essential to her well-being. It would seem like a tiresome part of her life, but it took her time to realise that it was a part of her. So she made it lighter by having habits. The pain she would sometimes experience were her biggest concern. 

With an abusive routine for one of the pairs of brother and lack of full parental support for the other, it was enough for anyone to at least get a mild insight on what might have been in their minds daily. 

Whatever was happening at that moment, was different. They all realised that if it had to be anything incriminating, they would want to stride as further away as possible. They had all had their own share of that, including memories that would cause a shiver down their spine; either out of embarrassment or desire to do it again. 

*

At 21:10 Elara and Beta arrived alone, because Muzo had left them for work. They brought some food along with them. They didn't greet anyone, they would just give everyone a glance in the eyes as they pass food and drinks around.

"I can't wait anymore to tell you. I will not have a prep talk. I want to start right away." Beta began talking. Her legs were exposed because of her dress, black shirtwaist kind reaching just a little above her knee. Delicately seperated ringlets of soft hair were all caught up in an updo resembling a bun.