Current Day

"Sir? I think you just turned the wrong way?" Mallory asked. She was in a cab to go to the next town over. Well, technically, she was just going to a random house a couple of miles away from the next town. She would walk the rest of the distance. "No." the man said. "Yes!" Mallorry insisted. "This isn't the way to, er, my house." The man turned around and grinned. "Who said we were going to your house?"

"No," She whispered. She shouted it, a bit louder. "No!" She banged against the windows, screaming. But it was no use. She had purposefully picked an almost deserted small town in Ohio. It was unlikely anyone would notice her. When that didn't work, she tried to reach around the man to the steering wheel. The cab veered and swerved. She thought she was succeeding, until her dug his nails into her arm, on one of her scars. She cried out in pain, leaning back. The man took the oppurtunity to roll up a small screen. She continued to bang against it, but he ignored her.

She finally realized what was happening. Well, maybe that wasn't the right word. She already knew what was happening, but the shock of it hit her at once. It left her stunned. A few hot tears ran down her scarred cheek. She brushed them away hastily. Many thoughts ran through her head. Was he going to rape her? Kill her? Twist her in some cruel way?

As it turns out, none of the above.