05. Through Glass

"How much is real? So much to question. An epidemic of the mannequins, contaminating everything. We thought came from the heart but never did right from the start."
- Through Glass by Stone Sour

••

It was almost two weeks since the last time Win stayed overnight at Bright's condo. They often hangout with other friends in a cafe after various practicing sessions. Most of the time, Win would drop Bright off his condo. But that day, Win had not met with Bright yet.

In the morning, Win had script reading session for his new series. He entered the building after greeting his fans in the lobby and the schedule ended on 3 PM. He decided to come out of the building through the emergency exit as he was kind of in a rush to have dinner with his family.

Yes. Win was in hurry.

"Ai Win!"

Win stopped. He turned his head to the other side and found Bright waving his hand, ordering him to come closer.

Bright was not alone. He was with First, again, and another senior named Toy.

Win approached them while bowing slightly and his palms pressed together in front of his chest. "Sawasdee khrab, Phi."

"Why are you in a rush?"

"Oh, I have promised my mom to have dinner together." Win answered Bright. "I'm worried for the traffic since it's Friday."

"Then, help me tomorrow."

"Help you?"

"Hmm." Bright confirmed. "Be my substitute in friendly match with NTV friends. I've got appointment tomorrow, so I suggested to postpone it until Sunday but they could not. Do you have another schedule tomorrow?"

"No khrab."

"Then, will you go with First?" Bright offered him again. "There will be First, P'Toy, P'Tay, and P'Gunsmile. They are all people you know and good at talking."

"Khrab."

"Ok?"

"Ok khrab."

"Great. Thanks. Now, I have to go home." Bright caught Win's arm, shook it a little bit. "See you later."

"Khrab, Phi. Take care."

Win watched Bright walking away until his back disappeared from his sight. He looked at the place where Bright touched earlier. Win could not help but thinking that Bright was still in brokenhearted state because the recovery was too unbelievable. Bright was cheerful.

"You can go home, too, Ai Win." First successfully called Win back to reality. "Don't let your family waiting for you."

"But tomorrow..."

"I will LINE you, is that ok? Do you want to be picked up? Are you coming back to your condo or your house?" First bombarded the junior with questions while his eyes focusing at the phone screen.

"I think, it's better if I pick Phi up khrab."

"Really?"

"Khrab."

"If it's not troubling you, then it's ok." First said after he took a glance at Toy and got a nod.

"I will go to First' place, so you don't have to pick us up in many places." Toy joined in. "The other two will meet us in the football field."

Win agreed. "I will drive a car with bigger capacity."

First also nodded. Now, they were all silent. Toy smiled while waiting for Win to go home, but Win asked more question instead.