Prologue

I stared intently at the board, the poem analysing itself in my head as I fiddled with my feathered pen. My legs were crossed under my desk, my pleated skirt accentuating them. The bored aura of period 4 filled the air conditioned English room, luckily I was in my own bubble of pure concentration.
"So by saying that Wordsworth was
trying-" my hand shot up In the air, Mr Resto sighed along with the class as he signalled for me to continue his sentence.

"Wordsworth was trying to highlight the beauty of nature that was being foreshadowed during that time period by the industrial revolution." The words flowed out of my mouth supported by annoyed moans as Mr Resto pointed out, yet again, that I was right.

"Exactly Lucy"

I sat back into my seat, a smug smile spread lightly on my face. School was something I enjoyed, not because I was well known or got good grades but because it was the one thing that was going to help me get out of this crapy ass town. My shirt clung comfortably to my body, expanding with my stomach as I sighed.

"You all know your assessment is due next lesson? So no homework until after that, you may leave when the bell rings." Mr Resto informed us. I stood up from the old desk reaching for my bag which slung around my chair, I carefully placed my English book and pen back before tying it up and throwing it over my shoulder.

The bell went off and my legs darted for the door. I had one thing in mind, student body president, I raced down the busy hall packed filled with aggrivating teenagers that smelt like shit and had no sense of fashion.

I turned the corner racing into the gym. I shook off my nerves and walked confidently up to the sign up sheet.

I took a deep breath as I scanned the sheet with 4 other names written on it. I reached Into my leather back pack pulling out my feathery pen and writing LUCY JOHNSON boldly and perfectly along the line.

"Um are you done staring at the paper, others want to sign up as well." I heard an unfimiliar voice ask behind me. I spun on my heels ready to fire a comeback to the rude boy.

"With impatience like that, there's no point signing up." I directed to the tall blonde boy standing in front of me. I had never seen this boy before, and if he hadn't been so rude I may have tried my '3 step plan to getting and boys number' on him.

"And with and attitude like that there's no point signing up," he smirked, nudging past me and walking up to the piece of paper pulling out a stingy old pen. He tried writing his name but no ink came out, I let out a snort watching him struggle.

"Do you have a pen I can borrow?" He shrugged pointing to my fluffy pen still in between my fingers.

I rolled my eyes letting out a laugh "In your dreams." And with that I walked out if the gym.

--------------------------------
Authors note:
Hi 👋 so this is my first story on wattpad, I've had this written for a while but only just decided to post it, let me know what you think and if I should continue with it!

-h