Chapter 1

displeasure
dɪsˈplɛʒə/
noun
a feeling of annoyance or disapproval.
--
I walked out of the cubical, my reflection meeting me at the sink. I carefully observed each cress of my made up face insuring there were no smudges or foundation lines. Once i'd given myself the all clear and washed my hands I strutted for the bathroom door.

This was one of the rare moments when the girls bathroom was empty so I took time to observe my outfit in the full legnth mirror on the way out.

I did well today, outfit and face wise, and it was fair to say I was prepared to face anything the day threw at me.

As I was exiting the stingy bathroom my phone buzzed in my back pocket, a thrill of excitement running through my bones. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, making sure to flash the logo of my jeans to the fake freshmans sitting nearby. I looked down at my screen, a satisfied smirk on my face.

Mumma bear :
Sudden meeting with local news station, you'll have to catch the bus home from school, so sorry darling! I'll make it up to you xx

Okay maybe I wasn't ready to face everything.

Call me snobby, but I didn't do public busses let alone public SCHOOL busses.

"Miss Johnson what are you doing out of class?" Mr lupo asked, he was a librarian and the worlds biggest push over.

"Spare period sir" I smiled sweetly

"Oh okay sorry for bothering you" he nodded

"No worries, have a lovely afternoon"

"You too Lucy!" He exclaimed a big smile on his face.

"Well I've defiantly won his vote" I laughed to myself thinking back to student body president.

Sure the final ballad hadn't even been announced considering sign ups were only last week, but it's never to early to start rallying votes.

The final bell of the day sounded, bad smelling and horribly fashioned teenagers burst out of the tiny classrooms into the now crowded hallway. Letting out an exasperated sigh I walked towards the entrance of the school.

My stomach sunk as I walked towards the bus stop rather then the school car park. A stream of loud and annoying teenagers walked close by me and I slyly followed them, despite much I hated needing other people for help, I didn't know the way.

We got to the bus stop 2 songs later. It was a quick walk, but annoying. There was a whole army of school children at the bus stop, it was
practically my worse nightmare.

The dodgy bus rolled up a few moments after we arrived, I managed to work my way to the front of the crowd, it didn't take much , just a death glare followed by a sweet smile and I was on the bus in no time. Steadily walking down the bus hallway I slipped into a rare empty seat placing my handbag next to me to avoid anyone else sitting there instead.

Unfortunately my plan didn't last long, a young boy, probably 11 years old tops, absorbed in the world of his game boy sat down on my handbag. With a huff I snatched my bag from under him, letting out an annoyed grumble as I smoothed it out.

"You're not handling this very well are you princess" I heard someone snicker from the seats behind me.

With beady eyes I spun my head around, only to be met with the same annoyingly blue captivating eyes I had grown an immediate disliking for last week.

"Well I can honestly say I'm not surprised at all you can handle this dump" I smirked, annoyance clear in my voice.

"This dump, princess, is called a bus" he retorted

"I know what it's called" I rolled my eyes "and it's Lucy, not princess."

"Oh I know" he hummed, a slight smirk forming at the corner of his lips.

"Of course you do" I smiled "everyone does" I cheered. Popularity comes easy when you are born into a well known family, trust me.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, I only knew that because you wrote it in big ass annoying writing on the sign up sheet last week." He huffed rolling his eyes.

"Sure you did" I laughed sarcastically turning back to face the front.

I felt shuffling noises behind me a few seconds before an arm reached between me and annoying kid pressing the stop button on the pole in front of us.

"I'm luke by the way,"

"I had no interest in knowing your name" I rolled my eyes as he stood out of his seat and moved towards the bus doors.

"Oh but we both know you did" he winked, popping a cigarette into his mouth and stepping off the bus.

As the bus slowly peeled away from the curb, luke effortlessly lit the cigarette and made his way down the rundown street.

--
So basically this is just the beginning of the story but it will build up soon - h