Chapter 9: Sight Beyond Sight

A/N: Astria ^
____________________

Milia's P.O.V

"The house of the Silver stars...I haven't been here in a long time." I glanced around at my half familiar surroundings, "well, it's much the same."

A voice emerged from behind me, "the only difference is that it's quiet, too quiet."I whipped around and noticed an all too familiar face. "Astria!" I almost jumped at her as I enveloped her in a hug.

"It's wonderful to see you again Milia," she paused, "but why now?"

I released her from the hug and looked at her with a confused expression, "wh-what ever do you mean?"

"400 years, Milia. I suppose that it is a mere blink in the eyes of an elf, but it is still a long time."

"W-well I may have h-had a good r-reason." I managed to stutter out.

"You worry for the human girl, do you not?"

"Wha-a-a-t? Pfft, no I do not."

"Do not lie to me Milia!" Her tone freezing from calm to icy.

I raised my hands in surrender, "okay, okay. I am worried about Dany...and I just want t-" She cut me off, "Know if your paths will cross again." Her tone melting back to calm. "If that is what you wish, so be it. Let us speak someplace else." With that she grabbed my wrist and took me to a small clearing underneath some silver-leafed trees.

She released her grip on my wrist and told me in a soft but firm manner, "stand up straight, shoulders back, close your eyes and relax." I did as she asked.
____________________

Astria's P.O.V

I placed the palm of my hand to her forehead.

What I saw...should never be told to another living soul.
____________________

Milia's P.O.V

I felt her palm move away from my forehead so I took that as a sign to open up my eyes. Only, when I did, I was greeted with the sight of Astria's eyes wide open...and tears were running down her pale cheeks.

"Astria...?" When I spoke her name it seems she was snapped out of her trance. "Yes, yes what is it?"

"I'd like to know what you saw.." She blinked a couple of time before smiling at me, "you will see her again, so not to worry." I raised an eyebrow and folded my arms, "you clearly saw something different, to get a reaction like that."

Her hand raised to her cheek and she noticed that they were wet with tears, but she completely avoided it.

"It does not matter what I saw." A half frown made it's way onto my lips, "how so?"

She sighed, "what I see is not final, for our fates are not set in stone. Even if they were, stone is easily broken."

She has a point...

"But it does matter, you have the ability see much more than the rest of us.." Her eyes narrowed sharply, "this ability is a curse as much as it is a blessing."

I let out a sigh, "But you do not just see what events have not yet come to pass, do you?" She softly exhaled, "I can see life beyond death, but I cannot-"

"Yes, yes I know, you can't tell another soul what it is you see."

"Although," she began, "there is one thing I saw inside your head that truly worries me..."

"Well?" I clasped my hands together and my expression changed to pure interest, "what did you see?"

"Something is not right with his majesty King Tarus." She looked from her left to her right, then back at me, "I fear his life may be in danger..."
____________________

Hope you enjoyed Chapter 9 of Ruled By Kings
Chapter 10 should be out soon

Catch You Later~