chapter sixteen

Chapter sixteen

Laurens POV

I awoke, carefully standing up to my feet. I couldn't help but notice that i was in fact, alone. I am afraid of being alone.

Mentally and Physically. Just the thought of being alone, makes me think about my whole life, how it will end. Death is inevitable. I have never thought of anything more terriying. Than death itself.

Sometimes, i don't fear the fact of dying. Why? Because i forget about it. I forget that one day, i am going to die. And no one will remember my name or how i have walked on this earth. Nothing will be left of me, a nurse gone insane. Ally probably put me in here. In this god forsaken room. I then realize how much ive changed, why won't anyone help me?

The gods have forsaken me again. But i think, what gods are there? There is no god. Nothing but a man in a beard, claiming to be the holy trinity. I am not buying it. I push strands of my hair off of my face and tucked them behind my ear. "behind these walls is either freedom, or danger. The possibilities are endless."

I hear a voice behind me say. I turned to find camila, sitting patiently on a bench hanged to the wall with poor chains to have it hold on to. I flashed a smile, even a grin. "what brings you here, nurse?" she said with an evil smirk. I squint my eyes at her, walking towards her. "You tell me. You've done something to me" i say looking at myself, then to her. "I have done no such thing. I never meant for you go be called in here. He did." she says, playing an innocent voice.

"You meant things, things that are truth and lie. One of the statements, were about me." "Yes, and it was a lie." she tells me coldly. "Are you calling me a liar?" i questioned her hastily. "Never said you were the truth." "You were my sweet escape, camila! My goddamn world. I admit it. I did love you. Not out of fear, but out of choice."  my voice was high and felt as if it would soon crack.

Camila only stared at me with the eyes of a lost puppy that had been kicked too many times. Thats what she reminded me of. A rejected, neglected puppy that had been kicked too many times, and is about to give up on life. "I know now that... i am not afraid to say it camila. I love you. That is the truth. I love you, even though it got me where i am now. I love you." i cried out.

She looked away, despite the tears flowing down to her cheeks. I walked up to her and hugged her tightly, feeling her warm tears soak up into my patients gown. I slowly rubbed her back gently, giving her comfort. "Lauren, behind you."

*********************

Vote/comment for update!!

I only update on weekdays guys sorry for inconvenience and late updates! X