[-]

they say you meet three different kinds of love in your lifetime.

the fairy-tale love-

aka the first love, one you've most likely had in high school. idealistic and carefree. rainbows and butterflies. all-consuming with the unknown. the love you've seen in movies... the love you've probably envisioned for a long time. a possible happily ever after. but that's the trick, you see. everything's in a bubble wrap. you look at each other- and at the whole world, with starry eyes. you're young. it was the love you thought it would be. a love that looks right.

the hard love-

the love where lessons are learned. harsh things are taught to us- lies, betrayal, and pain are its teachers. mistakes are made and hearts are broken. so much drama ensues that it feels like it's gone beyond just the two of you. a constant emotional rollercoaster; your highs are too high, your lows too low. but it's what makes us stronger. we learn what we value in ourselves and in each other. you tried making it work... but it didn't. a love that we wished was right.

the unexpected love-

you don't even come looking for this love. it's unexpected, almost like a soft tap in your shoulder or a raindrop landing on your cheek. you don't anticipate it, but the feeling that comes with it is almost instant. it comes so easy and natural that you can't even believe it's possible. full acceptance of one another, no pressure, no internalised emotions. there's chemistry of all sorts. sparks you don't even dream of existing. like a love you've never experienced before.

but it scares the shit out of you. makes you question if you deserve this love. a love you've known forever. a love that feels right.

you asked about my love life.

here it is.