Betsy Odette Drew

Odette helped Betsy clean up. She wasn't entirely sure what the right thing to do in this situation was. She chose to just try be a good best friend.

Betsy eventually came down. She showered the smell of drugs and puke off, and sat down next to Odette in pajamas.

"Where were you?" She asked.

"I was with Ethan." Odette answered. She was sure that Betsy was just deflecting but she wasn't sure how to broach the difficult subject.

"How are things with him?" She asked.

"Scary. Good but scary."

"Still worried he is going to hurt you?" She asked sounding slightly annoyed.

"Yeah," Odette shrugged. "I just feel as though I don't have anything to offer him."

She said, sounding very vulnerable.

"Goddammit Odette. You're right you don't have anything to offer him. You know what guys like? Fucking confidence. Your woe is me bullshit has gotten old. Eventually he isn't gonna want to bother to try to fix you. You're so fucking broken." Betsy snapped.

Odette reeled back as if Betsy's words had physically slapped her. Et knew that Betsy was being so cruel because of the drugs, and because Betsy was angry at her self, either for relapsing or for getting caught. Odette wasn't sure which.

Odette also knew that Betsy would regret her awful words in the morning. So she got up and left, not wanting to make anything worse.

Drew watched Odette descend down the stairwell, he could see that she was upset. He stopped her and asked "What's wrong?"

Odette explained the situation upstairs and said that it was fine, she was just going to call Ethan and go see him.

Drew refused to let that happen. The thought of her running to another man in her time of need sickened him. "No, stay here with me." he said pausing to choose his next words carefully."There is no need to bother Ethan."

She stopped. Was Betsy right? Were her problems getting old? Was she a bother to Ethan?

Drew hid his excitement at her hesitation to run to Ethan. If he could get her to stay with him tonight instead, he would finally be able to make his move. He would be able to make Odette his, in body and soul, for once and for all.