BODY23.

Myra Dunnigan|Mocha.

                   "MYRA if you walk out that door, you can't come back!" my mama shouted as I walked towards the front door with my stuff

"You think you can control my life! I am 18!" I said.

"18 and still in my house which means you'll listen to my rules! You running around with some old ass man, coming home with all this expensive stuff God knows what you're doing to get it." she said as I rolled my eyes.

"Bye mama." I walked out the house putting my stuff into the back of Jaxson's truck. "Just go."

"What's wrong with you?" Jaxson asked me.

"Nothing." I mumbled pulling the flap in his car. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I don't even recognize myself.

"Soon as we get over here, it's a client waiting on you." he said.

"You said the last time was the last time I had to do that." I said closing it quickly and looking over at him.

"It was but this nigga offering money for you baby." he said. "I'm just tryna save up so I can leave her and we can be straight."

"Okay." I said. "When are you leaving her?"

"When the time is right." he said.

"Well when is the time go be right? Because I'm doing shit I thought I'd never do until the time get right." I said smacking my lips. "How the fuck is this even my life?"

"Mocha chill."

"I can't believe I'm getting pimped." I said. "People calling me a damn prostitute and shit, my business all out and shit. When the fuck is this gon stop, Jaxson?"

"You saying that shit like I made you." he said.

"You might as well should've." I mumbled as we pulled into the parking lot of some apartments. "This ain't the apartment I picked out."

"You paying rent or me?" he asked.

"This is the fucking ghetto." I said looking around. "Jaxson what the fuck-"

"You gon learn to shut the fuck up." he said smacking me across the face. "You talk too fucking much."

"Whatever, Jaxson." I mumbled getting out the car.

Kids were running around in diapers with no shoes on, hair all over their heads. Men sat at tables playing cards and dominos, ghetto.

"Get your shit." Jaxson said pulling me out my thoughts. As I grabbed my bags and he walked ahead of me, I thought if the thousands of ways I could kill him and get away with it. "I don't want to hear shit when we get in here."

"He in there? Damn can I get settled into my house first?" I asked turning my face up.

"It ain't your shit, this my house." he said turning around. "My name on this, I pay the bills."