Chapter8.

"Goodevening ladies and gentlemen, let's give around of applause the CEO of our company Mr.Enrique Snow.."

Nag palakpakan ang mga tao at naka ngiti. It's her welcome party in the company.  There are new and old faces in the company. She's holding a champagne on her hand while clapping and smiling to his father.

She felt a hand on her back that made her jump a little bit..

"jeez, relax Blaire you're so tense" natatawang komento ng lalaki sakanya

Napailing siya at natatawa, because hell she is freaking out okay. She's given speech to a lot of students and deans way back in her school days. But this is different. This is now her reality.

"I'm fucking nervous Vince. What if I fail my father and the employees won't have a job and their families will starve to death?" I still  hear my father's voice on the background as he is giving  his speech but my head is about to explode and my heart is beating so fast..

Vince chuckled beside her and pressed her like a side hug.. "You'll be fine beautiful. You're a bad ass. You can do this. Besides, I'm always here for you even if I'm fvckin--..."

"Lalalalala.. oo na. Oo na.. eww ka talaga" Inirapan nya ang lalaki habang natatawa

"Every one, I know how much you will miss this old man's handsome face but it's time to face reality. Don't worry I'm not dying any time soon, our competitors should keep praying harder before it happens.." She smiled and try to relax at his dad's joke 

"No but in serious note, I can't thank you all enough and express how grateful I'am to be your CEO for the longest time. I learned a lot as your boss. To everyone who's here tonight, I would like to ask you a favor. As I will pass my duty to my successor may you guide her and help her to achieve our company's goal. This is the new phase for our company. To be the best and t expand around the globe.."

"And to that please all welcome, the next CEO of Snow group of companies,  my Unica hija, Blaire Elizabeth Snow.." narinig kong nag palakpakan ang mga tao but I smiled dearly while walking on the stage

"Good evening everyone, it's a pleasure to be standing in front of you right now. As the next CEO of Snow group of companies, I ask for your cooperation with me and support just like how you supported my father. I promise to become atleast half as good as my father.." i looked at my father smiling habana natal din ang mga tao

"To the new phase and soon expansion of Snow group of companies.. Cheers"  "

Cheers.." sabay sabay na sabi ng mga tao sa loob ng hall. I clicked my glass with dad and some of the board members.. We're all smiling from ear to ear and here comes the endless photographs

"Romano, buti naman at naisipan mo ng mag retire. Makaka sama ka na saming mag golf. It's about time" Natatawang bati sakaniya ni Ninong Eduardo, who happens to be his doctor as well and one of the stockholder in the company

Vince hug me and congratulate me, as well as Ninong Eduardo and Ninang Eliza who are Vince's parents. They told me I will be a good boss and they're looking forward to our meeting next week. After catching up with them I excused my self and went to the comfort room to freshen up

Thank god walang tao sa cr. I locked the door and looked at myself in the mirror. How can someone's life change so fast? Last month I was just in Singapore doing my masters and now  I'm leading the company with god knows how many employees we have. The make up artist did good with my makeup, natakpan niya ang eyebags  from my sleepless night this past days.

I suddenly touched my stomach and thought what if we had a baby before I left. Will he look after me? I shake my head with that thought. We had a contract that he will just give me his sperm. Nothing more. But where is he? He didn't try to find me. It's been weeks. No phone call or text.  Shit! stop it Blaire, wala kang oras para isipin pa yan. This is not the right time and place. You have a room full of people to entertain.

She touched up her lipstick and put some pressed powder and smiled on her reflection. Huminga tuna siya ng malalim bago lumubas sa restroom.

She looks fvcking gorgeous on that red dress from his perspective. 

"Cheers baby" wika ng lalaki sa dilim habang naka tingin kay Blaire at tinungga ang hawak nittons whiskey saka sumakay at pinaharurot ang  kanyang sasakyan.