Chapter 2

"Marco!" I hear Principal Skeeves exclaim.

I turn around to see a boy who's taller than me with brown hair and brown eyes with a mole on his right cheek. He's wearing a red hoodie and skinny jeans with brown and white shoes.

"Gosh. He's very attractive." I thought to myself.

"I want you to meet our new foreign exchange students, y/n Pendragon," Principal Skeeves says as he directs his hand towards me.

The boy looks at me and give me a small smile. I can feel my face turn red.

"And Star Butterfly." Principal Skeeves continues as he directs his hand to Star.

I turn around and see Star messing with the thing we noticed earlier that's sticking out of the wall. She pushes a button and water magically comes out. Star gasps and backs away into a fighting stance as she begins to growl.

"Huh?" He says as he stares with a confused look.

"I need a responsible never-take-chances type to keep an eye on them," he explains, "especially that one." He says as he points to Star. "And who could be better than you for this task? The safe kid!" He says to Marco.

"What?! No, no, no, I'm completely wrong for this. I'm a misunderstood bad boy!" He exclaims as he tries to pose in a "cool" stance.

"You're adorable!" Principal Skeeves declares as he pinches Marco's cheek.

"I'd agree with that." I whisper to myself.

"Now, I'm off to the ice cream shop. Daddy's getting all 52 flavors!" Principal Skeeves declares as he walks away with the chest full of gold and jewels given to him by King Butterfly.

"Ugh." Marco sighs in annoyance.

I suddenly hear growling. I turn around to see Star biting the thing sticking out of the wall.

"Star, stop attacking the harmless magic water thingy." I say as I try pulling her off.

"Wait, this thing is harmless, right?" I ask Marco.

"Yes, it's harmless." He says, still annoyed.

"See, the Earth boy even says it's harmless, now get off."

"Fine." She sighs. "But we're not done." She says as she glares at the thing.

"Look, Marco was it? If this is too much trouble for you, I'm sure we can figure things out. I wouldn't want for us to be a burden." I explain to the Earth boy.

His expression softens up a bit after I say that. "No. I'll help you and show you around." He says kindly.

"Well thank you. It's much appreciated." I say with a smile.

He begins to walk ahead and Star begins to skip along behind him. I follow as well and catch up to walk beside Star.

We walk through the halls and around the building as Marco shows us the school and explains everything to us.

As we are walking, Star suddenly skips in front of Marco. "Thanks for showing us around, safe kid." She says.

"What? No. Look, whatever you heard about me isn't true." He tries to explain as Star isn't even paying attention. But I'm listening. "I don't know where people get the idea that I'm so safe!" He exclaims.

"Oh, watch your step. Loose tile." He interrupts himself.

"It's ridiculous!" He continues.

"Careful." He says as he pushes closed a locker Star could've walked into.