Star Light, Star Bright

This is an imagine for SavvyVannaMarie
This imagine contains themes such as: smut, violence, sexual assault and course language

Starlights POV:

The jet flies in between a clouded sunset, the mountain terrain below us barely visible in the dark orange light. We all sit around Hotch, waiting for yet another detailed account of an unsettling murder case we briefly discussed this morning. Spencer sits next to me, shuffling through a case file carefully. Derek and Emily sit opposite each other trying not to fall asleep, Rossi sits next to Hotch, the light from his computer screen filling both their faces, and JJ stands posted against the cabin wall, staring out at the sunset. We're all really feeling it, we only just finished our last case and haven't even been home to change yet. My go bag is starting to look empty.

"I know we're all tired but there's a serious case in L.A that we've been called in for. LAPD already have enough information for us to start on our profile now, so we're going to run through it and see what we can start with... Reid." Hotch raises his eyebrows at Spencer who looks up quickly from the case file,

"Oh, here-" Spencer hands Hotch the file and Hotch starts reading it out. The words almost sound like static as they enter my ears but I try my hardest to listen. He explains how we have a serial killer who stalks single young women who live in the Lakewood area. He watches them, then breaks in and takes them from their homes. Three women have been found by the Los Angeles River, lying wrapped in plastic on the concrete. He opens up the folder and puts photos of the murder scenes down on the table. My eyes widen, I feel everyone in the room slowly look at me. Each victim has very long dark curly hair, and light grey eyes. They look exactly like me.

"So he obviously has a type." Derek says quietly.

There's a long silence before Hotch notices everyone staring at me, and he speaks up.

"I understand that you, Star, look very similar to these women and I have spoken to JJ and the Captain down in LA and we will be extra cautious with having you around any press, and you will be working closely with Reid at the station, your time on the field will be limited. It's become a media frenzy down there and the last thing we need to do is put any of our team in danger. Is that understood?" Hotch gives me a stern look. I gulp.

"Understood." I turn to Spence who is smiling at me.

"Wrapping the bodies in plastic, could be a sign of remorse?" Emily states, changing the conversation.

"What's the significance of the river?" Spencer pipes up.

"We're not sure yet, other than it's not too far from where these women were abducted." Hotch replies.

"What do we know about the victims?" Derek takes one of the photos and looks at it.

"So far we have 20 year old Molly O'brien, 23 year old Megan Richter and Lastly, 21 year old Rochelle Stafford. Each women resided in Lakewood, they were all single and lived alone. No dog or house pets of any kind. Other than that, the only similarity is that they all have similar features and are around the same age. They were all dumped within the same 2 mile stretch along the river. We will be going straight to the victims houses to see if we can find anything else, but for now that's all we know." Hotch raises his eyebrows.

"They have ligature marks on around their ankles and wrists, and bruising all other their body. But their faces- looks like overkill." Emily adds.

"What was the cause of death?" Spencer analyses another image.

"They were all beaten to death." Rossi pipes up.

"Jesus." Spencer replies.

"Any signs of sexual assault?" I frown at the photo Spencer is holding. My stomach feels hollow and cold.