press ➸ tom holland

❝ who i work for doesn't definewho i am, it hurts that you thinkthat ❞

who i am, it hurts that you think
that ❞

in which tom holland battles his
hate for the press for his growing
love for the journalist he sees all
too often

SHIP: tom holland x fem!oc
FACE CLAIM: dua lipa
PREFERRED OC NAME: daisy carter
STYLE: social media

STATUS: taken by undesirablex

tom holland has always had a difficult relationship with the media and the tabloid press ever since he shot to fame as a teen

tom holland has always had a difficult relationship with the media and the tabloid press ever since he shot to fame as a teen. he saw that they exploited his privacy, that was strictly his business only, and that media outlets would do anything to try and expose him just so his face could be on the front page.

what he didn't see, however, was about the basic need to make a living that was involved in the media buisness.

daisy carter was one of the many struggling journalists in the uk. she left school having little qualifications, with only an internship at the daily mail there to help her earn her living, just so she could survive.

over four years, she managed to level up and get promotion after promotion, securing them through slating and exposing celebrity lives all over the world; whether it be exposing an affair, finances, relationships. if she didn't, she'd be fired.

she developed the reputation that she was the one journalist no celebrity wanted to be sat infront of in an interview, even when she's become quite the celebrity herself.

so when tom holland finds out that the press tour to spiderman: far from home is sponsored by the daily mail, and none other than daisy carter is reporting everywhere the cast of spiderman go, he dreads ever meeting her.

what he doesn't expect, though, is that the daisy carter that the world's a-listers talk rumours about, is nothing that she percieves herself to be.

INDIA'S NOTES !

— daisy hates this reputation she has. she only has it because in the media industry, you have to be prepared to do these things, especially for a tabloid like the daily mail.
— girl is BROKE. she lives in a pokey flat in london, which is ridiculously expensive.
— because she's so broke, she volunteers to join the ffh press tour, because she knows flights and accommodation are all paid for.
— tom and daisy will go on a few dates, but tom has a severe lack of trust in her because he's constantly worried that what he talks about with her will be on the paper the next morning.
— a big journey on self identity and learning to trust on tom's behalf.