15

"Who's not a baby anymore?" I froze upon hearing a deep voice.

I looked at Mina and saw her tense.

Mom then let go of me and went beside the man who just spoke.

"Oh Jimin. My son! You're home!" again, I was pulled in for another hug.

"Yes dad. I'm home." I said, returning the hug.

"What brought you here?" he asked, releasing me from his arms.

"I mi-" my eyes widened when I saw a nervous Mina in front of my father.

"Appa! Look! This is Myoui Mina from TWICE! My sister-in-law! Hyung brought her here. They're getting married!"

Are you high Jihyun?! What the hell?!

Appa stared at Mina with an emotionless face. He's studying her.

"A-Annyeong hasseyo, Myoui Mina imnida. It's nice to meet you, uncle. Sorry for coming without a notice." Mina nervously introduced herself.

"Me and Jimin-oppa were not-" she was cut off when my dad did something unexpected.

Did he just pulled Mina for a hug?!

"Welcome to the family Mina! I never heard Jimin having a girlfriend. Well, you're actually the first girl he brought home! Plus I remember him saying back then that-"

I widened my eyes knowing what he's about to spill, I panicked and shouted, "Appa!"

Dad looked at me with an amused look then leaned on Mina's ear to whisper something, which is loud enough for me to hear, "Knowing him, he's not that open when it comes to his love life. But if it's you that he'll marry. I approve!" he said giving her a thumbs up.

"EH?!"

🍡🐧

"Appa."

"Oh~ Jimin. Yes son?"

"You know, uhm about me and Mina..." I paused.

"Go on~"

"We're not getting married. She's just a friend. I'm sorry for not telling you immediately. You and mom just seem so excited." I said while rubbing the back of my head.

"I know." he said and asked me to sit beside him.

"Eh? You know?"

"Of course. I also know that you like her. I can tell by the way you look at her." he said while looking at me with a warm smile.

I nodded at what he said and returned the smile, "I like her a lot."

Appa brought me closer to him by putting his arms on my shoulders.

"Appa? Do you really mean it when you said you approve if I'll marry Mina?" I asked nervously while playing with my fingers.

"Of course! I feel like she's a kind girl. Plus she's beautiful too. That's why you brought her here. Am I right?"

"Yes! She's the most beautiful girl out there! And she's graceful too! Did you know she did ballet? She's really elegant and graceful in everything she does. She's also really kind and funny. Sometimes, a bit mischievous and grumpy. But all in all she's perfect." I said excitedly.

Appa then started teasing me, "Really? Our little Jimin is not little anymore~ he's going to leave us again, and be with her~"

I can feel myself blushing but just laugh it off not noticing the girl on the door.

"Talk to her." Appa said while looking at the door. "Come in Mina."

"Mina?"

"Uhm, Auntie asked me to bring you some snacks." she said while placing the tray on the table.

Mina then joined us as we eat the snacks and listened to dad's stories.

"When are you two going back to Seoul?"

"This afternoon, Appa."

"Well, take care then."

Mina and I both nodded, and continued to eat the snacks.

🍡🐧

24-May-2020 📝