Chapter 12

So, this will be the final chapter of Back from the Dead! BUT, there will be an epilogue, so do not fear! Thank you sooooooooo much to everyone who has read this and supported me along the way! I love you all. (Sorry for typos!)

Song: Rock Me by One Direction

~Carly <3

Harry’s POV

“How the hell are you two alive?!” I said in disbelief.

Niall was holding a shallow breathing Louis in his arms while he stood timidly in the middle of our living room.

“There’s a lot to explain,” said Niall.

“Well, we have plenty of time,” said Ariana, shock evident in her tone.

It took over an hour for Niall to explain everything to us while Louis dozed in the nearby armchair. When Zayn had ‘stabbed’ Niall all those years ago, he had missed his heart by half an inch. By the time Avery and I had cleared out of there, Zayn came back and threatened Niall. If he ever had any contact with us, Zayn would kill all of us without a second thought.

“But, why didn’t Zayn kill you in the first place?” Ariana asked confused.

“We were best friends for a long time…….he just couldn’t do it. He purposely missed; he just wanted me quiet while he finished the job on you all,” he explained.

"Is Zayn really dead this time?" Liam asked.

"Yeah," replied Niall. "I made sure to stake him straight in the heart."

“What did you do to Louis?” I asked.

“I saw how upset you all were; I couldn’t just let Louis die,” he said sadly.

“So, he’s in transition?” I asked.

“Yeah; I know he’ll be furious at first, but he’ll get over it eventually,” said Niall.

I strode over and grabbed Niall into a bone-crushing hug. My eyes watered as he chuckled and hugged me back.

“I missed you so much Nialler,” I whispered.

“I missed you too Haz,” he said.

We broke apart as a gasp for breath echoed through the room. Ariana was at Louis’ side in an instant, taking one of his hands in hers.

“Louis? How are you feeling?” she asked gently.

Louis looked around confused for a few seconds before he realized what was going on. He stood up angrily.

“Did you turn me into a vampire?” he glared at Ariana.

“No, Niall turned you,” she said, cowering slightly from his towering form.

“And I’m sorry,” Niall said from beside me. “I couldn’t just let you die on my account.”

“I’m not sorry,” said Ariana. “I’m so happy you’re alive.”

Ariana threw her arms around Louis’ neck and hugged him tightly.

“But, I’m a monster,” he argued, shrugging out of her grip.

“You don’t have to be,” she promised. “I’ll teach you everything I know.”

Louis looked uncertain for a moment before finally pulling her into a hug.

“Thank you,” he breathed.

“I’m always here for you Lou.”

2 Days later……………………………………….

Ariana’s POV

“Okay Louis; close your eyes and concentrate,” I whispered as I placed my hands on his shoulders.

“What?” he asked.

“Stop fighting it,” I said. “Listen for any heartbeats nearby.”

Louis closed his eyes and listened for a few minutes before tensing.

“There’s someone about a mile north of us,” he breathed.

“Very good,” I praised. “Follow me.”

I took off at a sprint through the thickly wooded forest, the branches whipping past my body as I nearly missed the tree trunks. I faintly heard Louis’ feet touching the earth behind mine and I smiled at the thought of having my best friend back in my life. We finally broke through the trees into a clearing where there was a man in his mid-twenties sitting by a campfire. He stood up abruptly at our entrance and I heard his heart beat pick up in fear.

“Who are you two?” his voice quivered.

In a flash I was standing in front of the man, looking him in the eye.

“You won’t scream,” I compelled.

As soon as his eyes were off in a daze, I felt my fangs slip out of my gums before sinking them into his neck. He flinched momentarily but didn’t scream as his blood flowed marvelously down my throat.

I remembered Louis’ need for his first feed as I pulled away, wiping my mouth on the back of my hand.

“You’re turn,” I said.

“So, if I don’t drink, I’ll die in a few days?” he asked.

“Yes,” I said. “Please Louis? Just drink.”

Louis looked at the man’s bleeding neck in slight disgust before attaching his mouth to where mine had been. I saw the switch go off in his brain as it turned from disgust to delight.

He pulled away moments later, his newly formed fangs gleaming in the moonlight.

“Woah,” he breathed.

“See,” I said. “It’s not that bad. He’ll live and make a full recovery.”

He nodded as his eyes sparkled in amazement as I took bandages out of my pocket and patched the man up.

I looked him in the eyes again.

“You won’t remember any of this. You got this wound from an animal bite.”

The man nodded and Louis and I took off back towards the apartment. Louis stopped me at the front door and tackled me in a hug.

“I’m going to be okay.” 

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Please vote and comment! :)