A day to remember

They got to the movies the following weekend. Lavi came along with their friend Lenalee. They met at the food court in the mall for lunch then went to the theater. Kanda and Allen sat in the very back row.

"I want to focus on the movie not keeping you two off of each other." Lavi stated. He took Lenalee's hand.

"Come on darling, let's leave the love birds alone." He pulled her down several rows and picked a seat in the dead center of the theater. Allen had laughed at him, Kanda had mutter a "Well thanks, rabbit." To his departing back.

This was Saturday. Allen had been a nervous wreck since Wednesday when the lawyer had told him he would have to face Cross in court on Monday. The kid hadn't slept at all, unless Kanda had him tucked between himself and the wall. Today had been Lavi's idea to help Allen de-stress. No one spoke of Cross or the trail or anything other than fun. Kanda wouldn't allow it.

The theater dimmed its lights. Kanda reached over, dragging Allen into his lap. Allen laughed as he was spread across both seats with the popcorn bucket resting in his lap. He managed to hold onto it while still kissing Kanda.

"You're a bad influence on me." He giggled.

"You haven't seen me be bad yet." Kanda threatened.

Allen laughed. They made out during the previews. However Allen had been really interested in seeing this movie. He had been to movies before. Mostly with friends when Cross was too drunk to know what was going on. Once the movie started, Kanda replaced the shorter boy into his seat.

Allen leaned into him. Kanda had his arm around him holding the boy tightly. Allen linked their fingers when the popcorn was gone. With a smile on his face he watched the movie. These was a row over to their right with some older teenaged boys in it. Allen paid them little attention.

About half way through the movie, Kanda moved in the seat. He pulled his phone out. Allen didn't think anything of it. They were in the last row. The light wouldn't bother anyone. He only had it out for a moment. Allen assumed he was checking the time.

Kanda had texted Lavi about the boys and the homophobic remarks he had heard tossed their way. Once Kanda settled back, so did Allen. The dark teen kissed his head. Allen smiled pulling his other arm around him as well.

When the movie was over, Allen stood. Kanda leapt over the chairs to get in front of him. Allen looked a little surprised. Kanda just smiled a little taking his hand. He led the way out. Once out in the main area, Kanda pulled Allen to the side. He said they were waiting for Lavi. Yet Kanda had placed Allen against the wall while he stood before him. His back was to the opening of the theater. He leaned in and kissed Allen firmly on the lips, sliding his hands down to grope his butt. Allen let out a soft moan only Kanda heard.

"Look at the fags boys." A deep male voice said.

Kanda pulled his mouth off of Allen's. "Stay." He ordered.

When Kanda turned, he saw Lavi and Lenalee on the other side of the group. Kanda smiled.

"Jealous?" he asked. Lenalee left Lavi. She made her way around the boys but didn't come up to Allen just yet.

"Jealous, of gays like you?" the leader sneered. Kanda smiled.

"Yes. I guess your girl isn't as hot as my boy, or me." He said with a shrug.

"You fucking queer!" the leader yelled.

He was big with shoulder length red hair. It wasn't the deep red of Cross's more a strawberry. Kanda feared Allen would only see the red. He turned to Lenalee.

"Get him out of here." He instructed her. She took Allen's hand. The pale boy just looked at the four teens. None were as tall as Lavi. Only one seemed to have any muscle.