Part 3

After 4 months, I became permanent on my job. As a reward to myself, I decided to buy a new camera. While I am at the store looking for a camera, I met William. I thought he was a stalker at first. Because he was following me around the store, then when I bought a camera and about to leave the store he asked for my name and mobile number.

He said that he wants to be my friend. I only said my name. The next day, he was in the office looking for me. I don’t know how he knew where I am working but when I asked him, he just smiles. We took lunch together then I knew that he is a good person after all.  Since then, we became good friends. We met each of our own families. We became best of friends. And we were like that for a year now; we never care about the time passing by.

A year after the closeness we built, he confesses that he likes me a lot and he wants to court me. “I promise to be there for you always, let me court you”, William said to me seriously. I decided to let William court me because there is a piece in me that likes him too.

I and William got along so much. We became more good friends even with our busy schedule. It’s been a year of courting before I said yes to him. Because we have a good foundation, that’s friendship; it results to a good relationship. We are happy and in love for two years. But few months after our second anniversary, news came that changes everything. He was assigned to manage their toy store in Singapore.

“I hate to leave but I have no choice”, William said with teary eyes. I can’t contradict nor agree. It’s for his career but it’s his first time to be away so far. “When is your flight?” the only thing I can ask that moment. “Next week”, he said. I went home early that night and didn’t talk to him good.