Part 4

The day of his flight to Singapore came. I didn’t go with him at the airport because it will be harder. The day after he leave Philippines is like a normal day for me. I am still receiving sweet messages from him like he usually does every day.

But he became inconsistent three months after. No more messages on my phone or on my e-mail. No more calls, only unless I am the first one to do so.

One morning, I received an e-mail from William saying that we should break up. I really don’t understand why, and my reply is this, “What’s wrong? If you’re worrying about the distance it’s nothing because we have a strong love to each other. Be strong.

Then he replied, “I’m getting married.” He then explained that he once slept with a girl and now the girl is pregnant. For his reason, I let him go though it’s so hard. I cried the whole day. 

I am stocked with the pain William brought into my life. It’s been a year but it still hurt me. There is this one time that I am in a coffee shop to review a paper for my work and I received a message, “I miss you! I’m back from Singapore. Let’s meet up.” Its William I’m sure. After reading that, tears are flowing. I replied, “After what you have gone you still have the guts to text me that way. Leave me alone.” There is a handkerchief from someone’s hand that I didn’t notice at first. Only when he said, “Lady, stop crying. Do you want someone to talk to?” I accepted his offer. In return, I offered him food. Before our conversation start, I asked for his name, “Just call me Matt.”