First Day

I walked-no strutted-into class, glancing at everyone in the room. I smiled triumphantly when Adrien started staring at me. I walked over to my desk with Alya, turning around to face Adrien. "Good holiday, Adrien?" I asked, smiling at him. I noticed a scarlet blush spreading across his cheeks. "Um-I ate to the beach! No-I went to the swordfish. I mean I went to the beach and had some swordfish!" Adrien laughed nervously. He was the one stuttering now.

"Well, that's really cool, Adrien," I said. "What about you, Marinette?" Adrien asked. "Well, I went on tour with Jagged Stone and did an awful lot of shopping with the money I earns from it." Adrien!s eyes widened. "You made that costume he wore for the concert in Australia?" Adrien smiled. "You're so talented, Mallinette-I mean Darnitte-Oh my god, what's wrong with me?" I laughed at Adrien, pushing a strand of hair out of my eyes. "You call call me Mari. I don't mind."

"Good morning, students!" Miss Bustier walked in, smiling. "Senior year now!" Everyone in the room cheered. "The more attention you pay this year, the better chance you have at attending a good university. So please try hard, study and have fun!" Everyone cheered once again. "We'll be looking at something new today, so please take thorough notes..." I pulled out a notepad, starting to take notes when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around, looking to see what it was. Adrien looked over at me, his green eyes looking into my own blue ones. I had to keep every bone in my body from bursting into delight. "Marinette, you have any spare daper?" I just looked at Adrien, confused. "Oh no-sorry, I meant paper! Yes, spare paper!" I smiled. "Yeah, Adrien. Here." I ripped a page from my own notebook and handed it to him. He smiled thankfully.

"Miss Dupain-Cheng!" Miss Bustier walked up to my desk. "Can you tell me one important historical event that occurred during the Renaissance Era?" I looked down at my notes, and then at the textbook. Nothing came to me. "Napoleon was born, Miss Bustier. I the Renaissance Era." I looked up to see Adrien smiling at Miss Bustier. "It's not Marinette's fault she wasn't paying attention, it was mine. I asked her for a spare piece of paper." Miss Bustier nodded and smiled. "That's okay, then." Then, leaning down toward me, she whispered, "You have one great friend, Marinette." With that, she made her way down to the front. 

Class went on. I could feel Adrien's gaze boring into my back. He'd been staring at me the whole lesson! Just as Miss Bustier wrapped up, I turned to Adrien, a kittenish smile on my face. "Enjoying the view?" I asked, causing Adrien to go red. "Uh-um-I liked your hair-looked great-" I laughed. "Well, I'm glad you like it." Adrien smiled. "Well-I was kinda hoping-" I put a finger to his lips. "I want to hang out with you someday," I said, moving my face closer to his. "Would tonight be good?" I removed my finger. Adrien looked extremely flustered-but happy at the same time. "Sure. Would 6 be good?" I nodded. "It would be great, Adrien."

"Damn, girl!" Alya whooped. "You were fire back there! I mean, Adrien went redder than a tomato when you...." Alya burst into a fit of giggles. "I know, I know, a bit daring," I said, "But he was staring at me, so he asked for it." I smirked back at Alya. "Whoa, dudette, you made Adrien burst into flames!" Nino laughed, kissing Alya on the cheek. "Well... I'm taking that as a sign that he's into me." I looked back at Nino. "No kidding!" Nino high-fived me before walking away to find Adrien. "Seriously, Marinette, I like this confidence!" Alya patted my back. "Keep it up, and Adrien will be head over heels for you." We walked out of school. This afternoon was free period, so Alya and I were both heading home, because why not?

I plonked down on my bed and took out my phone. 3 missed calls from Adrien. I dialed his number. "Mari! Hi!" Adrien sounded extremely eager. "Hey, Adrien," I replied, smiling to myself. "So good news: Father said we could hang out, so I made a reservation... Gorilla's willing to come pick you up. You're gonna love the place I've booked..." I laughed. "It's a date, Agreste," I said. I could literally hear Adrien blush. "Well-okay then! It's a date! I'll see you tonight!" I grinned. "See ya!" As soon as I hung up, I tossed my phone on my nightstand and landed face first in my pillows. "What am I going to do?" 

I called Alya, telling her about my situation. She came over right away. "Well, Mari, you and I both know that you have to wear the perfect dress. Let's have a look, see what we can pull together..." Alya began to rummage through my closet, picking out clothes and nodding to herself thoughtfully. When she noticed that I was staring, she turned around. "Girl, go do your hair! It's a mess! And honestly, work out the jewellery!" I scooted over to my jewellery box, mixing and matching combinations consisting of earrings, necklaces and bracelets. "Two hours later, I turned to face the mirror and saw a beautiful, confident girl standing in front of me. A girl who could do anything she put her mind to, and was fiercely determined. A go for it kind of girl, really...

"You ready?" ALya asked as we walked down the stairs

"You ready?" ALya asked as we walked down the stairs. "Yes, Alya." Alya smiled. "Call me after. I wanna know everything." I laughed. "Okay, okay, I'll call you."

"You'd better."

The doorbell rang. "Who is it?" I called, opening the door. I just about fainted when I saw Adrien looking absolutely amazing-even better than he usually did-in a tuxedo. He had a scarf wrapped around his neck, and the way that the tip of his nose had gone re because of the cold was adorable. And his green eyes didn't stray from me, his mouth slightly ajar. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," I teased. Like a man in a daze, Adrien began to pull out his phone. "Um yeah, sure..." I sighed, taking hi hand and steering him toward the limo. "So, Agreste, what fancy restaurant have you booked us?" I asked as we settled into the limo. Adrien winked. "It's a surprise....